PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning ink off American Girl doll's face

kristenk
06-24-2012, 03:08 PM
DD was playing with Ruthie this morning and I was the hair stylist. When I took a good look at her, I noticed that she had an ink mark on her face. It looks like maybe ball point pen?

I remember a thread with a tip about cleaning up American Girl dolls, but I've searched and can't find it. I've searched online and came across using acne cream or rubbing alcohol. I don't remember if that's what was mentioned here or not, though. (I don't have any acne cream, but I do have rubbing alcohol. Someone mentioned accidentally removing part of a doll's eyebrow when they were using rubbing alcohol, though, so I'm a little leery about using that without specific recommendations from people here.)

Anyone clean ink off a doll's face? Or remember the thread?

KrisM
06-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Here is a thread: http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=429218&page=2

kristenk
06-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Here is a thread: http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=429218&page=2

Thank you!

AngB
06-24-2012, 03:43 PM
When I worked in daycare, we used baby wipes a lot for ink.

zukeypur
06-24-2012, 04:01 PM
I was amazed at how well acne cream worked. Glad you found the old thread!

wellyes
06-24-2012, 04:14 PM
The really awful old hairsprays work too. It's the only reason to have Aquanet in the house.

zukeypur
06-24-2012, 04:22 PM
When this happened to us I tried hairspray, alcohol, magic eraser, oxyclean, googone, and I'm I don't remember what else. I was about to buy a new Calin doll.

randomkid
06-24-2012, 09:49 PM
This is a timely thread. DD has McKenna and somehow got some purple ink on her arms and one hand. She was devastated as DD cherishes this doll and would never intentionally write on her. I remembered a thread here about removing ink from AG dolls and thanks to Beth for finding it!

My question is this re: the acne cream - McKenna's skin tone is slightly darker, kind of like she has a tan. If I use the acne cream, is that going to bleach the color out of her skin?

AngB
06-24-2012, 09:58 PM
This is a timely thread. DD has McKenna and somehow got some purple ink on her arms and one hand. She was devastated as DD cherishes this doll and would never intentionally write on her. I remembered a thread here about removing ink from AG dolls and thanks to Beth for finding it!

My question is this re: the acne cream - McKenna's skin tone is slightly darker, kind of like she has a tan. If I use the acne cream, is that going to bleach the color out of her skin?

You might want to try hairspray/baby wipes first, imo. Acne stuff always leaves bleach spots on my wash cloths, etc., so I would imagine it's a risk with the doll.