PDA

View Full Version : 2nd birthday presents?

sunnyside
06-24-2012, 11:40 PM
I'm trying to find some great ideas for my daughter's 2nd birthday in a couple weeks. I searched around, but didn't see anything up to date in the past threads.

Any ideas? I'm thinking a play kitchen, and outdoor play house, some play food, and some duplo legos, but wondering if I'm missing anything else obvious. She has a few dolls (Corolle and other), a rocking horse, lots and lots and lots of puzzles, and a few ride on toys (no bike). Her favorite things really are books and puzzles.

Thanks so much!

citymama
06-25-2012, 12:19 AM
My DD2s fave presents on her 2nd/toys she loves:
- Duplos (from aunt)
- wooden train set (grandma)
- books (new and old)
- puzzles (she loves the six sided puzzles)
- Strider balance bike and helmet (from us)
- art supplies (another aunt)

Their play kitchen and food still gets tons of use, as does the easel. My older DD got a trike on her second which gets a lot of love from DD2.

marymoo86
06-25-2012, 10:02 AM
DD's 2nd birthday is close to Christmas so this is especially hard for us!

I have on hand a Melissa & Doug doll set with play food, puzzles, and a Strider bike I was able to score for 50% (thanks BBB!!!). On my list for either occasion:

Play kitchen and food (maybe Ikea?)
Ikea play tent
Kickboard Scooter
books
art supplies
wheely bug

sunnyside
07-02-2012, 02:42 AM
Thanks you guys!

I'm still trying to figure it out.

lizzywednesday
07-02-2012, 08:22 AM
After she started trying to use her hand-me-down trike as a scooter, I bought my DD a MiniKick scooter from KickboardUSA ... well, actually, I used Amazon because KickboardUSA's payment system wouldn't accept my debit card, but whatever.

She doesn't quite understand how to use it yet, but there are a few other kids in the neighborhood who have scooters and she's tried to copy them every chance she gets.

acmom
07-02-2012, 09:33 AM
My DS just turned 2. We have (or he got) several of the things you mentioned. Duplos, play kitchen and food are all get a lot of play around here, so I think they would all be good bets! I think the building plates are key for the Duplos as they make it so much easier for them to build something when they are first learning. The Melissa and Doug (cutting food, cookies) and Green Toys (pizza and tea set) food and dishes sets get played with a lot along with the kitchen.

He got a water table, which was a huge hit and perfect for these summer months. He also got a plasma car (he loved his sister's) and uses that a lot outside.

Other toddler age stuff that gets a lot of play around here...
Little People sets,
Little Tikes sports sets (t-ball, golf, basketball hoop, mini goal),
Little tikes grill,
Step 2 sand table,
Wow cars/trucks,
little cars and car mat (FP wheelies or matchbox cars),
foam blocks with little animals (to make zoo, aquarium, farm, etc.)

My DD also loved all her baby doll stuff at that age (and still does!) - stroller, little cradle, carseat, highchair, pretend diaper bag, etc.

HTH!

hellbennt
07-02-2012, 11:19 AM
little tikes pick-up truck STILL gets use w/ older kids!

also kushies zolo stacrobats (http://www.amazon.com/Kushies-80013-Zolo-Stacrobats/dp/B000GK22R8) still get played with!
(they are expensive! whoa.)

Giantbear
07-02-2012, 11:48 AM
DD just turned 2 last month and loves her:

Wooden building blocks
Kitchen
56" teddy bear

sunnyside
07-11-2012, 12:52 AM
Thanks so much everyone! She turned 2 yesterday, but her party isn't for a couple of weeks. I'm excited to pick out a few things for her. I'm probably going to keep it mellow though. Hoping to find a play kitchen on cl. Her father and his family did their party this week and she received an outdoor play house, picnic table, and a few puzzles.

scmama
07-12-2012, 10:56 PM
I think she will love a play kitchen! DD turns 2 in a week and is getting a ton of puzzles too. She has an older brother so she is also getting a few wooden thomas Trains of her own since she loves stealing her brothers. She is also getting a ton of stickers since she loves them, some plastic horses made by Animal Planet, and some play food for her kitchen. She is also getting a Yo Gabba Gabba shirt I found at Old Navy since she likes that show.

katydid1971
07-13-2012, 02:03 AM
I agree with most of what the others have listed. A kitchen would be awesome, DD still plays with hers daily. Another big star from her 2nd birthday was Snap n Style dolls. She still plays them also. They are lots of fun and easy for little ones to do.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11842723