PDA

View Full Version : Take my Uppa Vista w double seat to Disney? 4 & 6 yr old Or get lightweight?

colegiala
06-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Finally heading to Disney for the first time with kiddos. Should I take my Uppa Vista with the double seat to Disney? I will be at parks for 3 days and 1 day at water park. My DD is 6 and DS 4. I do want to take a stroller because I know they will be tired and also so I know where they are with the crowds. I just don't know if the Vista will be too bulky and heavy, carrying it in the shuttle going from Hotel to parks.

I could buy a lightweight on Craigslist for the trip. I did this when we went to NYC and then sold it for the same price. Should I get a Mac Triumph double? Which Mac is the one with the carrying strap, Triumph or Techno? Any suggestion on what to search for on CL? or should I go with Vista?

carolinamama
06-25-2012, 01:43 PM
I completely agree with taking 2 strollers to WDW. That way, you can separate and still move quickly. Last time we were there, DSs were 5 and 2. We took a Mac and a BJCC. It was nice to have a bigger stroller for a napping 2yo but with your ages, 2 umbrella strollers would be fine I would think.

FWIW, we have a Vista for DD. Love the stroller but don't think I would love it at WDW except for maybe a baby. Harder to fold for the tram and hard for kids to hop in and out.

daniele_ut
06-26-2012, 01:44 PM
I'll be the voice of dissent, since we often send a runner to get fast passes at DL and WDW so I would need a double that I could push myself. We took our P&T the last time we went to DL and it worked really well. We are planning to go back in the fall and will take the B-Ready with doubles seat.

That said, would a 4 year old even fit in the rumble seat on a Vista?

colegiala
06-26-2012, 02:03 PM
My DD who's 6.5 and DS 4.5 they both can still sit on either seat of the Vista with rumble seat. I'm just concerned taking it in the shuttle to and from hotel and if I have to fold it to get on monorail. Is just the folding and carrying part that I think would be a pain

Side note- How does one secure their stroller, so it does not get stolen?

todzwife
06-26-2012, 02:54 PM
I'll be the voice of dissent, since we often send a runner to get fast passes at DL and WDW so I would need a double that I could push myself. We took our P&T the last time we went to DL and it worked really well. We are planning to go back in the fall and will take the B-Ready with doubles seat.

We plan to take our B-ready too for my 6 and 2 YO since we do this same thing, but I think the OP is going to DisneyWORLD and there is a lot more bus/tram/monorail than at Disneyland. I think you have to fold stroller for those modes of transportation.

My DD who's 6.5 and DS 4.5 they both can still sit on either seat of the Vista with rumble seat. I'm just concerned taking it in the shuttle to and from hotel and if I have to fold it to get on monorail. Is just the folding and carrying part that I think would be a pain

Side note- How does one secure their stroller, so it does not get stolen?

I've heard renting from orlandostrollerrentals.com is good and I'd recommend a baby jogger city mini double since it's a super easy fold. As far as securing your stroller, you can't lock it TO anything but I've heard some people run a stroller lock through the back wheels to make it harder for someone to take off with it but the cast members can still move it if needs be.

roseyloxs
06-26-2012, 02:56 PM

...but the oldest is six. So theoretically she would never have to push both at the beginning of the day. The 6 year old could walk while she uses a carry strap to carry one stroller.

I vote for two singles or renting a BJCMD.