PDA

View Full Version : Oh, AF, really????

BabbyO
06-25-2012, 01:15 PM
As if it weren't annoying enough that pre-babies my cycle was shorter than most...

As if it weren't enough that you had to come back and visit after only 4-5 mo post-partum even though we're BFing to 12-13 mo....

Now you have to give me a 24 day cycle!?!? And stupid crazy heavy days to boot!

13 periods per year is enough for me...I don't feel special because you've now given me an extra 2 per year. Sigh

Just realizing that a pattern is definitely emerging and I don't like it one bit!

AnnieW625
06-25-2012, 01:40 PM
That happened with my mom after all 3 of her pregnancies so when I got mine back with DD1 at just shy of 3 months and still BFing I wasn't surprised. I made it to almost 4 months with DD2 and she had already been weaned almost a full month by then.

lhafer
06-25-2012, 01:58 PM
That sucks! My period came back at 5wk pp with DD2. And they are so heavy that I am considering getting something done about it, and they are 7-11 days long. :(

I hate periods.

BabbyO
06-25-2012, 03:19 PM
My period coming back while BF is annoying.

More annoying is that my cycle is only 24 days long now....instead of my usual 27 and the "typical" 28 for most people. Since it lasts a full 7-8 days I get just 2 weeks without, then I've got my period again.

janine
06-25-2012, 03:23 PM

More annoying is that my cycle is only 24 days long now....instead of my usual 27 and the "typical" 28 for most people. Since it lasts a full 7-8 days I get just 2 weeks without, then I've got my period again.

That is very annoying - can you talk to your dr? I only partially BF'd and it came back about 5 mo's later. Went on mini pill and got AF about 1x eery other week for a few months, it was awful. You have my sympathies, I hope you figure something out or that it self regulates!

BabbyO
06-25-2012, 03:40 PM
That is very annoying - can you talk to your dr? I only partially BF'd and it came back about 5 mo's later. Went on mini pill and got AF about 1x eery other week for a few months, it was awful. You have my sympathies, I hope you figure something out or that it self regulates!

I'll have to talk to Dr again (similar thing happened after DS1, but not quite so short a cycle). I'm just annoyed, but now that I'm truly seeing a pattern, I can actually talk to the Dr.

lhafer
06-25-2012, 10:38 PM

Coming so close together, be sure they check you for anemia as well. I hope they can figure out something to help those cycles spread further apart. :hug:

BabbyO
06-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Coming so close together, be sure they check you for anemia as well. I hope they can figure out something to help those cycles spread further apart. :hug:

Yeah, I know I'm anemic...I have been before and I can generally tell. I've started taking my iron supplement again. Hopefully we can figure something out....