PDA

View Full Version : Discounted Disney gift cards at Target w/ Red card+ Rx Rewards

JTsMom
06-26-2012, 12:14 PM
I recently read about this on disboards, and don't remember ever seeing it here so I thought I'd mention it.

Target sells Disney gift cards in set amounts. If you use your red card, you save 5%. If you stack that with a pharmacy rewards coupon, you can save another 5%!

Instead of paying off your trip w/your credit card, think about going and buying a bunch of gc's instead. From what I've been told, you can enter them online, or give the numbers over the phone. It takes a little extra work, but to save almost 10%, I'd say it's worth it!

Recently, they had them on sale in some areas, so some saved even more. Might not hurt to keep an eye out for that, just in case they do it again.

http://ww.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2924284

alien_host
06-26-2012, 09:02 PM
I did this in May and bought $300 in GC and paid for souvenirs and other incidentals that way. I only saved 5% since I hardly have RXs filled. THe only issue is that they have either $25 or $50 only so it is a lot of cards to cart around. You can sometimes find different designs to help you remember which ones they are or use a sharpie to write on it.

It was kind of a hassle to remember to pull out g/c at each place. I suppose I could have charged everything to my room and paid that off w/ the gift cards but I didn't think of it.

Overall it works pretty well, especially if you are paying for meals or buying Photopass Plus or something like that.

It was a great tip, I think I found it here somewhere, but can't recall now.