PDA

View Full Version : Now I have an HR/Insurace Co biyatch

janine
06-26-2012, 03:13 PM
So after much back and forth and DH wavering on getting the big V (and us having numerous dry spells as a result), I decided to finally try Mirena (IUD). Finally got my cultures done and green light from the dr. I got someone to babysit the kids since I can never get an appointment at a normal hour or over the weekend.

I call the insurance company as a preCAUTION. Keep in mind I have the most expensive Insurance option my firm offers (Oxford, $100 per month out of pocket for me).

They tell me a "prescription rider" is required for coverage. as this involves medication HUH? Ok i have prescription coverage through Caremark. I call them and they say it's a medical procedure, not covered by them. They call the insurance company with me on the line and they are told the same thing.

So I have to call my HR department. Benefits has been outsourced to India. So I am on the phone with a guy in India trying to explain Mirena. THey keep telling me the same thing over and over (just reading from a script). I ask if I can speak with someone who might have more knowledge on our plans. Told nope.

Really??!!!! ARGH!