PDA

View Full Version : Lightest/most versatile double for twins

MommyOf2boys
06-26-2012, 04:19 PM
I'm about to purchase a double stroller for my 6mo old twins. We've been using the double snap-n-go and I cannot wait to get them in a side-by-side!!! We can't afford multiple strollers, so we're willing to splurge on one good stroller that we can use almost anywhere until their stroller days are over.

I was deciding between the Combi Twin Sport and the BJCMD because I wanted something lightweight, easy to fold, and that fits through standard doorways. But I really wanted an all-terrain stroller for camping, going on walks,etc, so then I decided on the BJCMGTD. I know it's 6lbs more than the regular double, but to me it would be worth it (I hope). I also like that it has bigger/taller seats because we don't know how big our boys are going to be but so far they've been on the tall side. I still want to be able to use it when they're older for day trips to the zoo, Disney or whatever.

I have some questions/concerns and would love comments too
--Are BJs reliable? I've seen complaints about wheels locking, things breaking, etc.
--Is the BJCMGTD going to pretty much take up the whole trunk space? (We have a Ford Fusion and a Ford Taurus)--I assume most double strollers would.
--Does the BJCMGTD sound like a good fit for us or is there something else that would be better?
THANKS!!!!

MommyOf2boys
06-28-2012, 11:17 AM
bump...

any input on this?

Philly Mom
06-28-2012, 11:22 AM
I have the BJCM and had a front tire issue to begin with. I called and they immediately sent me a new one. It used to be used often for long walks and I never had any other issue.

TwoBees
06-28-2012, 11:33 AM
We've never had an issue with our BJCM (single, 2009 or 2010 model). I'd get the GT in a heartbeat if I could justify the purchase. The canopy on the BJs can't be beat.

Honestly, I think both might be good for you for different purposes. My suggestion is to invest in the BJCMGTD and keep your eyes open for great sales on the Combi. You might be able to get a good price on one at BRU during their trade-in event, using a coupon on top of a sale, or finding a clearance pattern or style. Or try a kids' consignment store or yard sales, craigslist, etc.

waitingforgrace
06-28-2012, 11:44 AM
I would really encourage you to look at the valco zee two. I just got one and am happy I decided on this. Ugh, baby is crying I'll be back later to write more.

YouTube baby gizmo review or thebabyguynyc review.

BabyBearsMom
06-28-2012, 11:55 AM
I love my BJCM single. No quality issues at all. Any double sbs would probably fill your trunk. As another option, you might like the Mountain Buggy Duet. It is a lo thinner than the BJCMGT only 25" wide.

MommyOf2boys
06-28-2012, 01:59 PM
Thank you!

The MB Duet sounds great with being so narrow, but I'd be worried about the seats being too small in the long run. And I know this sounds silly, but I don't want plain black canopies. I need color! lol

I do like the Zee Two--the basket looks big and it is definitely lighter than the BJCMGTD. Not too crazy about the colors, but the price is better. I wonder if the Zee Two has the same amount of padding in the seats.

Are front bars/belly bars super necessary? At what age would they start using them? I can't tell if they're included or an add-on accessory with the Zee Two.

MommyOf2boys
07-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Got the BJCMGTD and now I totally understand why I would not want to use it for everything. We love the stroller, we're keeping it, BUT I'd like to sell our single umbrella strollers and get a double for quick trips, like if I just need to run into a store or something. Surprisingly, I don't see ANY on craigslist. I wish we could just secure our singles together but the wheels are right on top of one another.

strollerqueen
07-12-2012, 12:51 AM
The Valco Snap Dual is the lightest double out there.:bighand:If you would like more info, you can PM me. You can also email me at [email protected] (http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/[email protected])