PDA

View Full Version : If you have a B-Ready . . .

Green22
06-27-2012, 03:17 PM
I was all set to get one of these with the thought that I will be able to put the baby in the top seat, facing me and my 2 year old in the bottom seat.

But in strollerqueen's review, I realized that to have the top seat facing you and the bottom seat intact, you have to have the foot area all the way up, which I am sure is fine for little babies. But at what age do you think they would not like sitting with the seat like that anymore?

How long do you think I could put baby boy in the top seat facing me? I have looooong babies (at 8 weeks he was 24 inches). At some point I think he might not be able to sit in the seat at that configuration, correct?

Thanks!

bbeth16
06-27-2012, 03:27 PM
I had one briefly and my 2yo prefered the foot rest up so her legs weren't hanging. My 5.5yo was in the bottom seat and had no problem with space.

daniele_ut
06-27-2012, 04:16 PM
I think that by the time your baby wants the footrest down, he won't want to be facing you anyway! Honestly, DS is 6 months old and will be able to keep the footrest up for a LONG time yet.

BabyBearsMom
06-27-2012, 04:31 PM
I have the B-Ready and the seat is big, so you could probably keep it up for a while. But the top seat is only for 6mos+ (although I use it with a smuggler now).

You should totally get it, if only so we can continue our parallel lives, lol! But seriously, it is a great stroller for kids. My DD1 is 99th percentile in height and has lots of space in both seats.

daniele_ut
06-27-2012, 07:06 PM
I used the B-Ready seat with DS2 when he was about 2 months old and it was fine. The recline on it was less steep than the Rock N Play that he slept in from 3 weeks on.

ElspethCordelia
06-27-2012, 09:20 PM
My son is 8 months and he already likes to face out! We keep the foot rest up in that direction too. It helps keep blankets and toys in.

Green22
06-28-2012, 01:13 PM
Ty all. I guess i should accept that he will likely not want to face me for years.

BBM - you've sold me on it!! I intend to get the non glamorous black.

ckelly
07-01-2012, 08:22 PM
My 4 year old likes the foot rest up still. She sits indian style, I think its due to extended rear facing in the car seat. I have a bunch of pics on my blog if you want to see. www.busybeautifulbudget.blogspot.com look under reviews.