PDA

View Full Version : Need iPhone app for alphabets &/or numbers that's like a flashcard

jenrub
06-27-2012, 04:54 PM
Looking for an app that works like a flashcard on the iPhone so I can teach DD alphabets & numbers since she loves tinkering with my iPhone. Free app would be a bonus if there's such a thing. Also, where can I get resource or reference online/library about what to teach DD before going to kindergarten since I'd be taking advantage of being a SAHM and teach her myself. TIA!

wallawala
06-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Alphatots(letters) and Tallytots (numbers) are not really flashcards per say, but address each number 1-20 and letter of alphabet individually. There is a simple game for each one and you can go in order or skip around. My 3yro loves it.
I think they are like 1.99 or 2.99 and both had relentless continous play for months. We downloaded them when she was 2 and just learning to use iPAD, so amazing to watch her fine motor control improve.

Can't give you a specific one, but every app from "grasshopper apps" I've downloaded has been awesome for education. Some free, some about 0.99. They are simple, but effective with great pics, customizable, and DD loves to "play" them. She is special needs, and these have really made a huge difference in her language skills. There are tons of them (check thier website link in iTunes), and go up to more advanced skills like telling time and counting money (we're not there yet).

kristac
06-27-2012, 07:35 PM
http://www.icanteachmychild.com/2012/03/71-things-your-child-needs-to-know-before-kindergarten/

jenrub
07-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Thanks for all the info! I'm enjoying reading the article and going through the apps.

ElspethCordelia
07-01-2012, 03:43 PM
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/alphabet-freeze-tag-3-in-1/id409540809?mt=8

My daughter loves this one. It helped her recognize the letters and to know what order they go in. She's 3 but has been able to "win" it for a few months. It's cool.

nupe
07-01-2012, 04:53 PM
kindergarten.com

alphabet
science
receptive by function
earth science
what rhymes
healthy habits
which does not belong

These are all great.
They were on sale or free when I got them several years ago!!

kristac
07-04-2012, 03:41 PM
Alphatots(letters) and Tallytots (numbers) are not really flashcards per say, but address each number 1-20 and letter of alphabet individually. There is a simple game for each one and you can go in order or skip around. My 3yro loves it.
I think they are like 1.99 or 2.99 and both had relentless continous play for months. We downloaded them when she was 2 and just learning to use iPAD, so amazing to watch her fine motor control improve.

Can't give you a specific one, but every app from "grasshopper apps" I've downloaded has been awesome for education. Some free, some about 0.99. They are simple, but effective with great pics, customizable, and DD loves to "play" them. She is special needs, and these have really made a huge difference in her language skills. There are tons of them (check thier website link in iTunes), and go up to more advanced skills like telling time and counting money (we're not there yet).

Alphatots and tallytots are on sale today for .99