PDA

View Full Version : Grrrr..Dh

Jacksmommy2b
06-28-2012, 12:15 AM
Just a long whining vent. (in honor of the sharing your relationship business thread!)

This is my third pregnancy. You would *think* I would just know by now, but he still makes me crazy.

DH does not 'do' pregnancy well. Funny, you know, since he does not *actually* do pregnancy at all.

He just doesn't get the added stress (both physical and otherwise) that a pregnant woman endures. Part of it, I guess, is my fault. I'm not a complainer and I don't like to ask for help. But god, do I really have to ask him to step it up when I am running after two kids and big as a house? Do I really have to explain what 'I am overwhelmed' means even though 'I am doing what I always do' as far as he is concerned? Do I really have to explain why I am upset he is not able to take off more time post partum when I will have a brand new kindergartner to shuttle to class, a toddler and a newborn? Does he really not get that lots of daddies-to-be actually do rub mama's swollen feet or back or actually *do* go track down pregnancy cravings? Voluntarily! I swear he thinks that is some sort of sit-com joke.

He is actually COMPLAINING in an I'm joking (but he is obviously not joking) way, about having to wash the kids since I am too big to lean over the tub. And this is after I took over the rest of the bed time ritual in trade.

And yes, yes I am actually concerned with the recovery on my poor body. For god's sake, you would think a guy that has whined for five days over an albeit nasty-yet-stitch less-cut on his hand would be a tad more understanding considering he SAW my lady business stitched from one freaking end with the other.

I swear he goes into this weird pregnancy 'selfish mode,' like he knows that soon he'll have to contribute more at home so he spends the pregnancy thinking of how things effect him and everything pregnancy is 1000% me. Good god, is it too much to ask that he manage to not make me really resent him the entire freaking nine months.

And why, WHY do I manage to forget that he gets like this until after I am already pregnant!?!

crl
06-28-2012, 01:13 AM
:hug: I am sorry. Maybe tell him that if he's not going to step up helping now and after birth, you are going to hire some help? Night nurse saved my sanity when my dh didn't actually take his paternity leave.

Catherine

MamaMolly
06-28-2012, 08:00 AM
My DH is your DH's twin brother. Does he have a guy friend who can set him straight?

sophiesmom03
06-28-2012, 09:04 AM
My DH is your DH's twin brother. Does he have a guy friend who can set him straight?

Triplets.

I'm so sorry - agree with Catherine about hiring help. What about for the rest of the summer as well - can you hire in a sitter or mother's helper to give you a few hours' break each day in July and August?

KLD313
06-28-2012, 09:27 AM
Triplets.

I'm so sorry - agree with Catherine about hiring help. What about for the rest of the summer as well - can you hire in a sitter or mother's helper to give you a few hours' break each day in July and August?

Quads.

Same thing going on here. So frustrating.

twowhat?
06-29-2012, 07:58 AM
I have friends who have DHs like this and it wouldn't go over well with me at all. Kudos to you for being in your pregnant state and yet STILL not biting off his head.

wellyes
06-29-2012, 08:39 AM
Hang in there. It's tough when you know exactly what's going on and can't do a thing about it.

And maybe steal the covers at night. Or put a lego out for him to step on when he's barefoot. Use the toilet paper up and don't replace the roll!!