PDA

View Full Version : Can't keep CD organized

sntm
06-28-2012, 05:32 PM
How do you do it? We are out of newborn dipes (and temporarily on sposies until the sizing works better, another post) but the assortment of AIOs, AI2s and pockets with different inserts etc is daunting coming out of the laundry. The house cleaner sorted them all into piles on the crib but I can't figure out which things get stuffed or laid in to what dipe. And once I do get them organized, storing them conveniently to grab when needed -no idea!

I need easy. Foolproof. Quick. Any ideas?

roseyloxs
06-28-2012, 05:55 PM
I never had trouble remembering what insert goes to which diaper. Here is what I did though to minimize my workload.

I only used pockets for bedtime since they were my bulkiest diaper. So those would get moved upstairs to the bedroom. I would just stuff as needed, unless I had time.

AIOs and AI2's I just tossed in a bin and hid the bin under a bench with other diaper supplies. Just grabbed the diapers as needed, no sorting or making pretty piles.

So basically when it came out of the laundry I pulled out all the pocket diaper inserts and covers. Then dumped the rest in my hidden under the bench bin and I was done. I was doing laundry every 2-3 days so basically I was just looking for 2-3 pocket diapers and dumping the rest. Easy peasy.

mikala
06-28-2012, 06:06 PM
I used a couple canvas or plastic tubs to hold them at the diaper changing table and just organized by type. Pre-folds were stacked in one bin with a pile of covers right next to it, pockets were at least matched with their inserts if not actually stuffed, then one bin for AIOs. Hemp doublers got their own little stack, same with dry cloth wipes. Wet bags went to their respective homes as soon as they came out of the wash--one for the diaper bag, one big one for the diaper pail, etc.

It definitely gets easier as baby's growth slows.

I kept anything that didn't fit/wasn't quite right for baby's size in a separate bin in the closet so they wouldn't confuse us. This included the larger size inserts for the various types. I then swapped them out for the smaller inserts when baby was big enough to wear them.

american_mama
06-29-2012, 12:56 AM
I hear you. I used a mix of everything, so there was a lot of this-goes-with-that-and-only-that in my stash. I have a good memory and paid close attention to my cloth diapers, so I could remember what went with what, but even I was getting a little bogged down at the end. I think the only solution is to simplify your stash, at least a little.

In terms of organization, I used a drawer in baby's dresser, which was also the changing table. I pre-stuffed my pockets and lined everything up in rows (crotch facing up to make the diaper the most visible). One row was stuffed pockets, one row fitteds, one row covers (hard to sit up, but I did my best) and one row AIOs. If needed, I conslidated some rows. Inserts got throw in a jumble between two rows. Fleece liners were stuffed in a small storage box in the drawers. I had to keep the prefolds in another place since I'd run out of room.

Wipes were stored in an empty disposable wipes box on a small shelving unit next to the changing table. Same for wipes solution, stored in an empty dishsoap container.

One other thing that was helpful was I made a tiny laundry line next to the changing table with a few clothespins to clip covers, especially nighttime wool, while it was airing out. I just used string tied between two stick on hooks, and attached to the side of a small shelving unit next to the changing table.

okinawama
06-29-2012, 08:20 AM
OVer time you will get used to seeing what goes with what, I think the only thing that will help with that is time.

I am one who prepares the diapers immediately after coming out of the dryer. I stuff anything that needs stuffed, fold the diapers and then place a disposable liner in each diaper. AFter that they get stored in different bins according to diaper type ( AIO, pocket.....)

We don't have this shelf of bins, but something similar that is stored in my sons closet.
http://www.theclothdiaperwhisperer.com/2009/01/mission-organization-cloth-diaper.html

pastrygirl
06-29-2012, 08:23 AM
I had different bins for each type, which I kept on the shelf on my changing table. One bin had AIOs; nothing to do there except make sure they're dry. AI2s (these are like Flips, right?) I folded the inserts just jammed the covers into the same bin. I only had two pockets, so I stuffed those as soon as they came out of the dryer and put them with the AIOs.

If I was overwhelmed and needed a little break from CD, I took one.

♥ms.pacman♥
06-29-2012, 08:52 AM
I had different bins for each type, which I kept on the shelf on my changing table.

:yeahthat:

in each kid's room, i have one bin for prefolds, and a smaller one for the covers, and also a small one for fuzzibunz pockets (i also have a bin for the cloth wipes). i usually stuff the fuzzibunz with the insert after getting the dipe laundry from the dryer.

AnnieW625
06-29-2012, 02:16 PM
I wohm so some weeks the diapers just get left in the dryer until I am ready to do more laundry on nights or weeknights so that is easy, but all we have right now are a bunch of sized BG AIOs, 5 FBs, and 3 BG 4.0s, plus about 2 dozen prefolds and six covers so as long as the pf covers don't go in the dryer we are fine.