PDA

View Full Version : One sized too big, newborn too small

sntm
06-28-2012, 05:37 PM
DS2grew out of newborn dipes (almost 12 lbs!!!) but the one size dipes are weird on him. When I snap them on the smallest size, the inserts get all bunchy and make the lining stick up the waist or in general just not fit smoothly. I was so looking forward to the rumparoos because I loved the lil joeys but they are the worst. And none of his clothes fit - even the trimmer dipes strain the seams of pants or rompers/sleepers.

We are on sposies for now and halfway tempted to give up again (except just got my Albert bum genius dipes in from a preorder).

roseyloxs
06-28-2012, 05:47 PM
One size diapers have always been a bit strange on the smallest setting for me as well. Sized diapers just fit better. Do you have any shells? You could get yourself some prefolds and use those for a few weeks until he fits the one size dipes better.

As far as his pants go you are just going to have to size up his wardrobe while wearing cloth. Its not as bad once they get bigger, especially with the one sized dipes.

daisymommy
06-28-2012, 05:50 PM
Yeah, what she said :)
I also only do one piece rompers on my CD wearing kids. Pants are harder to fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sntm
06-28-2012, 07:06 PM
He's still small enoug that the bigger sizes are super long.

I had some grovia shells that I tried that weren't too bad. May just do those plus sposies until he gets a little bigger. I think in retrospect I would have preferred sized diapers, but hard to find those in aios

roseyloxs
06-28-2012, 07:19 PM
I think in retrospect I would have preferred sized diapers, but hard to find those in aios

True. I bought way too many diapers before I found dream-eze (AIO sized diapers made by the people who make gro-via). Then found out they were being discontinued and bought up as many as I could get my hands on.

Bottombumpers (http://www.bottombumpers.com/sizedsnap) also make sized AIO diapers. I prefer my dream-eze but these are nice too. I have to always curl the seams in though which is why I prefer the dream-eze. Looks like some retailers are clearancing out their 2011 prints.

http://www.rgnaturalbabies.com/i_639/Bottombumpers-Clearance.htm

As for the pants, I just cuff the bottom. Why not?

sntm
06-28-2012, 10:39 PM
We still have a lot of footed pjs - hilarious when his feet are somewhere around the knee ;)

queenmama
06-29-2012, 02:33 AM
We use fitteds so I can't help with AIO suggestions, but we're having the same problem. She's outgrowing her nb dipes at 2 months, 13lbs and 24".

As far as clothes go, she is mostly in t-shirts (not bodysuits/onesies) and Babylegs since we're almost always home, but when we go out she usually wears bubble style rompers in 6-9mos. They're big through the shoulders but nothing else will fit over her fluffy bum!

Sent from the HTC Vivid 4G LTE via Tapatalk 2

roseyloxs
06-29-2012, 05:27 AM
when we go out she usually wears bubble style rompers in 6-9mos. They're big through the shoulders but nothing else will fit over her fluffy bum!

Maybe try a onesie extender (http://baby-everything.com/one-step-ahead/add-a-size-baby-clothes-extender-10-pack-onesie-extender)?

daisymommy
06-29-2012, 08:43 AM
I do remember last time around that Bum Genius and Fuzzi Bunz OS pockets fit my babies at 10 lbs. when they outgrew their NB diapers. A little bulky, and not a perfect fit, but fine.

And pants that do fit CD fluffy buns well:
Hannah Andersson
Zutano
Carters (the knit ones with roll up cuffs)