PDA

View Full Version : gah! i feel like this baby is never going to come

lmh2402
06-29-2012, 08:52 PM
i am 37 w, 5 d today. i realize i still have a couple of weeks to go, but i am so over being pregnant at this point. i'm so incredibly uncomfortable.

anyway, i saw my doctor today and after a lovely internal exam she said, "yeah, this kid's not coming any time too soon" :crying:

i'm only 1 cm dilated - same as two weeks ago. only 30% effaced. baby is still sitting pretty high up.

please, baby. please move down soon and consider coming just a few days early. please. it would make your mama - and her bladder and her ribs and her back and her pelvis - so very, very grateful.

Philly Mom
06-29-2012, 08:57 PM
My ob said the same thing at 37 weeks 3 days. Water broke 2 days later. Good luck and stay comfortable.

edurnemk
06-30-2012, 12:49 PM
Don't listen to the OB, that means nothing about when the baby will come. With DS my OB said he was sure nothing would happen in the next 2 weeks, and I could skip the next weekly exam and come back in 2 weeks. Well I never made it to the next checkup. Cervical checks cannot predict labor, that's been proven a million times, IDK why OB's keep torturing poor PG women with those numbers and saying things like "yeah... you'r not even thinking about it yet, see you next week" (that's what my OB said the other day).

But I totally get how you're feeling since I came here today to whine about the same thing. I'm 39 weeks, 1 day. I'm so over this. On thursday my OB said I'm only 1 cm. But I've been having contractions on and off since yesterday. In fact I did not sleep because I had ctx every 15 minutes half the night. I was sooooo sure I'd be heading to the hospital today, and then everything stopped this morning. I just wanna cry (DH will be heading out of town on business on Monday unless this baby is born this weekend, and flying back as soon as I go into real labor, I so don't want him to miss the birth).

:grouphug:

Green_Tea
06-30-2012, 12:54 PM
This is exactly why I declined all cervical checks with pregnancies #2 and #3. OBs don't have a crystal ball, and my own OB told me that she's seen moms walk around at 5 cm for a month, and others who were closed up like Fort Knox holding their babies 24 hours later. Ignore your OB.

mikala
06-30-2012, 01:20 PM
I'm right behind you and hear you on the discomfort. FWIW things have gotten even more uncomfortable for me now that baby has dropped so the grass may not be greener on the other side.

Re: your OB's comment, this is my favorite blog post on the topic. I'm pretty sure I've posted it here before so apologies for the duplicate.

http://birthingbeautifulideas.com/?p=1875

Just out of curiosity, when did your OB start doing internal checks? I don't remember having many at all with my first and my current doc hasn't even mentioned them.

klwa
07-02-2012, 06:49 AM
Just going to agree with the other Mommas on here. I've never really dialated before the day I go to the hospital. And I think with DS the week before he was born I was less than 50% effaced. (Still just 1 cm dialated with him when I got to the hospital after my water broke, and he hadn't dropped yet. He was born 14.5 hours after water breakage without pitocin or anything else.)