PDA

View Full Version : Glider recommendation

Alexa1981
06-29-2012, 11:48 PM
I want to buy a glider that is sturdy, comfortable, and will last a long time. Does anyone have a brand or style they love or hate??

DS is due in September so I wanted to start looking now!

Thanks!!

arivecchi
07-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Little Castle!

Best gliders out there IMO.

We have one and it still looks amazing after 5 years of heavy use. We first had it in DS1's nursery, then DS2's nursery and it is now in DS2's room and we use it for reading purposes. We selected a black toile fabric so it is pretty versatile. There is a bit of range in price depending on the model and the fabric, but great quality overall IMO. Do not regret splurging on our Little Castle glider!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/imaging-site/services/doc/5707:5878279451105/jpeg/BG

Alexa1981
07-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Thanks Ari! I checked out the website and they look great! They have a selection of them at my local BBB so I will go and check them out.

Thanks for the recommendation!!

twotimesblue
07-03-2012, 12:26 AM
The big secret that not a lot of people know about is this: Walmart have a range of gliders made by Little Castle! we bought ours from their 2.5 years ago and still LOVE IT and use it daily (we got the chocolate with white piping, comfy and beautiful!). The quality is identical to the boutique Little Castle models - I even called the company to check this - and they are sooo much cheaper. Check them out!

Alexa1981
07-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Ooh even better! I will check that out! Thanks!!!!

Raewyn
07-04-2012, 12:37 PM
Check your local furniture store. We got ours there for the price as BRU, but ours is solid oak and has a really nice upholstery (much better we thought than BRU). It's wider and taller too, so it better accommodates dh.