PDA

View Full Version : Shoes/slippers for around the house?

acmom
07-02-2012, 09:50 AM
Thanks to all the good shoe advice here, I now have a few pairs of cute and comfortable sandals/shoes that seem to be saving my feet!

But I usually go barefoot at home on our hardwood (or just socks in the winter), which I think may not be doing my feet any favors.

We leave our shoes in the mudroom at our house and I don't typically love slippers (they tend to feel to bulky or hot), but I am thinking it may be better for my feet to wear something inside. Any recommendations?

gatorsmom
07-02-2012, 10:33 AM
After I had the twins I had terrible plantar fascitis. One of the things that helped it clear up was wearing crocs around the house. I had bought a cheap pair of bubble gum pink knock-offs at Target for a Halloween costume. I never wore them outside the house. But I started wearing them around the house and they were wonderful. We had ceramic tile in the kitchen and I always wore the crocs while working in the kitchen. They really helped me (and were on sale for $5!).

zag95
07-02-2012, 11:01 AM
http://www.normthompson.com/jump.jsp?itemID=8697&itemType=PRODUCT&path=1%2C2%2C7%2C57%2C1605&iProductID=8697

We have the above- they are great- my parents, DH and I all have them. Perfect if you want to run out to get paper (not in snow though!)- and they slip on. Good cushion and last a long time!