PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE - PLEASE SEND GOOD VIBES mojor / pts if you can spare

lmh2402
07-02-2012, 03:29 PM
have a...situation...with our rental property

no fault of ours, but our building is a precarious state due to an accident in the building next store

if you can spare any mojo for things to be resolved quickly, and without any damage to the structural integrity of our building, that would be so greatly appreciated. this is extremely stressful.

on the bright side, at least no one was hurt!

thanks

UPDATE
things are going from bad to worse for us and our building is now in a very...bad place. possibly structurally, certainly financially. i know things could be worse and i'm trying to keep perspective, but having a very hard time not freaking out at the MAJOR financial implications of all of this. trying to not fast-forward in my head to point where we end up drowning in debt and forced to suddenly sell our house and be homeless b/c we are in way over our heads with this apartment.

please, please send some mojo that things resolve in our favor and the possible interventions needed are not as dire as they just sounded on that 10pm on a fri night emergency conf call with our co-owners. thanks.

boolady
07-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Oh, boy. I think I saw what you're talking about on the news. PT headed your way for stability!

pinkmomagain
07-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Sending good thoughts to you!

lmh2402
07-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Oh, boy. I think I saw what you're talking about on the news. PT headed your way for stability!

um yeah...that's us. or right next door to us.

slow news cycle, i guess. i mean really? they have nothing else to report?!

thanks for the pts

maestramommy
07-02-2012, 03:41 PM
PTs and mojo your way!:hug:

AnnieW625
07-02-2012, 03:43 PM
sending mojo your way, was there a fire next door?

crl
07-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Best of luck!
Catherine

lmh2402
07-06-2012, 10:36 PM
bump for update. please send mojo. we really need it.

ourbabygirl
07-06-2012, 10:39 PM
MOJO, MOJO, MOJO!
And P & PTs, of course! :grouphug:

jenfromnj
07-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Sending lots of mojo!

boilermakermom
07-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Sending mojo your way! ;)

crl
07-06-2012, 10:52 PM
I hope things aren't as bad as they sound! Good luck!

Catherine

LD92599
07-06-2012, 10:58 PM
I saw it too on the news. This certainly isn't what you (or anyone) need esp now!

Melbel
07-06-2012, 11:00 PM
Sending more MOJO!

wendmatt
07-06-2012, 11:00 PM
positive mojo to you

mikala
07-06-2012, 11:03 PM
Mojo! I think I saw the news article on this as well. Crazy stuff.

wellyes
07-06-2012, 11:08 PM
Insurance won't help?
I'm sorry. Good luck to you.

larig
07-06-2012, 11:10 PM
many PTs coming your way. sorry you have to deal with this at the end of your pregnancy!!!

Fairy
07-06-2012, 11:11 PM
Sending mojo for you! But I'm going to ask ... what exactly is going on?

jawilli4
07-07-2012, 07:30 AM
I'm so sorry for you. More mojo coming your way.

theriviera
07-07-2012, 07:45 AM
Sending lots and lots of mojo your way. And hugs.

gatorsmom
07-07-2012, 07:45 AM
Sending mojo for you! But I'm going to ask ... what exactly is going on?

:yeahthat: Someone mentioned seeing it on the news. Is there a link?

maestramommy
07-07-2012, 07:51 AM
I'm sorry. Prayers and thoughts for you!:hug:

liz
07-07-2012, 09:31 AM
sending mojo!

arivecchi
07-07-2012, 11:38 AM
OP sending mojo to you! I would hope that your association's insurance plus your individual insurance policy would cover any potential damage? How stressful. I'm sorry.

mctlaw
07-07-2012, 11:45 AM
I don't know what's going on but sending you P & PT. :grouphug:

MamaSnoo
07-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Insurace will help, I hope? ((hugs))

Fairy
07-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Anyone wanna clue in the uninformed mojo senders what we're sending mojo for? Please?

queenmama
07-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Mojo coming your way! Good luck!

Sent from the HTC Vivid 4G LTE via Tapatalk 2

mikala
07-07-2012, 01:29 PM
Anyone wanna clue in the uninformed mojo senders what we're sending mojo for? Please?

Edited at OPs request.

Fairy
07-07-2012, 03:42 PM
So, in case the links come down, an entire wall of a NYC brownstone came down, forcing every single resident plus the residents of no fewer than five add'l buildings to evacuate. NO ONE WAS HURT. Thank god for that!

I'm so very sorry this has happened. Terrible! Shocking (but thankfully), not a single permit, citation, or complaint on the property, it was no fault of anyone living there. It's mid-1800's (I'd kill to live in that kind of aged building). I'm so glad no one was hurt, but now there are people without a home. I hope your insurance will cover everything, they really should, one would hope. Sending mojo to you.

It's public record, but in case the links come down, the NYT and Channel 7 in NYC had pieces on it.

Mikayla, thanks for the info.

123LuckyMom
07-07-2012, 04:16 PM
Mojo, mojo, mojo! Thank goodness nobody was hurt!

daniele_ut
07-07-2012, 04:42 PM
So, in case the links come down, an entire wall of a NYC brownstone came down, forcing every single resident plus the residents of no fewer than five add'l buildings to evacuate. NO ONE WAS HURT. Thank god for that!

I'm so very sorry this has happened. Terrible! Shocking (but thankfully), not a single permit, citation, or complaint on the property, it was no fault of anyone living there. It's mid-1800's (I'd kill to live in that kind of aged building). I'm so glad no one was hurt, but now there are people without a home. I hope your insurance will cover everything, they really should, one would hope. Sending mojo to you.

I'm sorry that you were affected by this and I hope that you've been able to get back into your apartment by now. If you are renting, your renters insurance should cover the loss of your belongings, if any, and the costs of temporary housing as well. My mother was displaced in an apartment building fire 4 years ago in Hoboken and was reimbursed for the costs of temporary housing and for the disaster cleanup company that cleaned up the smoke and water damage to her personal belongings. The owner of the building you are renting is responsible for damage to the structure, though.

MamaMolly
07-07-2012, 06:41 PM
Oh dear! Mojo that at the very least there is a silver lining. And I'm with Fairy, thank God no one was hurt!

wendmatt
07-07-2012, 06:54 PM
I'm sorry that you were affected by this and I hope that you've been able to get back into your apartment by now. If you are renting, your renters insurance should cover the loss of your belongings, if any, and the costs of temporary housing as well. My mother was displaced in an apartment building fire 4 years ago in Hoboken and was reimbursed for the costs of temporary housing and for the disaster cleanup company that cleaned up the smoke and water damage to her personal belongings. The owner of the building you are renting is responsible for damage to the structure, though.

I believe she is the owner, hence the worry about financial problems....hope you are OK and insurance will cover costs

daniele_ut
07-07-2012, 07:00 PM
I believe she is the owner, hence the worry about financial problems....hope you are OK and insurance will cover costs

I misread the OP and thought this was an apartment they were renting, not an apartment they owned and were renting to someone else. Sorry about that.

I hope you are able to get things resolved quickly with your homeowner's insurance and that your building can be repaired!

lmh2402
07-07-2012, 07:48 PM
thanks, everyone

i did PM mikala and ask her to remove the links

appreciate the mojo.

Fairy
07-07-2012, 09:40 PM
But ... it was a news story. Out in the public domain. You're asking for P&PT for something that people don't understand. I guess I'm confused about that. I do wish you the best and hope the demolition goes safely and that everyone in brownstones that got displaced gets their belongings and safely finds somewhere to settle.

SnuggleBuggles
07-07-2012, 09:49 PM
But ... it was a news story. Out in the public domain. You're asking for P&PT for something that people don't understand. I guess I'm confused about that. I do wish you the best and hope the demolition goes safely and that everyone in brownstones that got displaced gets their belongings and safely finds somewhere to settle.

OP was vague so I figured she wanted some privacy. Plenty of people ask for vague mojo. No rules or strings are attached to mojo requests. If members, like me, put 2 and 2 together based on things she has said in the past on other threads about her location then we can look up the news stories.

TwinFoxes
07-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Wow, super scary! Makes that "what would you grab" thread seem more real. Those poor people. I hope they all have somewhere to go, I can't imagine. Hopefully it all works out and people get their homes back and you don't lose too much money.

kristenk
07-07-2012, 10:14 PM
Hope things start looking up, OP, and you get positive news soon.

wellyes
07-07-2012, 10:44 PM
OP was vague so I figured she wanted some privacy. Plenty of people ask for vague mojo. No rules or strings are attached to mojo requests. If members, like me, put 2 and 2 together based on things she has said in the past on other threads about her location then we can look up the news stories.
Yes.
Many mojo requests are anonymous. If a poster asks for mojo because a family member was in a car accident, I don't expect her to detail the injuries, or link to news articles about the accident.

jenfromnj
07-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Yes.
Many mojo requests are anonymous. If a poster asks for mojo because a family member was in a car accident, I don't expect her to detail the injuries, or link to news articles about the accident.

:yeahthat: I'd hate to think that there are any strings attached to asking for mojo!

elektra
07-07-2012, 11:03 PM
Wow, super scary! Makes that "what would you grab" thread seem more real. Those poor people. I hope they all have somewhere to go, I can't imagine. Hopefully it all works out and people get their homes back and you don't lose too much money.

:yeahthat:
It is still hard for me to understand this at times, but something my grandmother said after she lost a bunch of money in a real estate deal that basically wiped out her life savings has always stuck with me when have worried about things like this. "It's only money."

Hoping you can put this out of mind OP and focus on your task at hand of bringing your new DD into this world at any moment!

brittone2
07-08-2012, 12:00 AM
Yes.
:yeahthat:

I wasn't aware that people feel a need to vet someone's mojo request.

ahisma
07-08-2012, 12:31 AM
The situation is fascinating...since I have the liberty of being fascinated by it (i.e. not living the horrors of it).

OP - I hope that the ultimate resolution is as painless as possible. From the little that I read, I can't being to imagine all of the variables at play here. I hope that, somehow, your home remains upright and safe.

Fairy
07-08-2012, 03:12 AM
:yeahthat: I'd hate to think that there are any strings attached to asking for mojo!

Ok. No strings. I've given lots of anonymous mojo. This seemed different. No biggie.