PDA

View Full Version : Would you do WDW...

kmm
07-02-2012, 04:09 PM
With a 4 year old and a 25 month old? We have an opportunity to go in October. If you would go with kids those ages, would 4 full days be plenty of time? I assume we'd spend time relaxing at the hotel's pool almost every day and we wouldn't push to do/see everything. If we don't do WDW, we'll probably do an all-inclusive resort somewhere. Thanks for any input

hillview
07-02-2012, 04:22 PM
It would be great for the 4 year old and the 2 year old would also have fun. I say go if you can.

WatchingThemGrow
07-02-2012, 04:24 PM
October there is nice!

TwinFoxes
07-02-2012, 04:43 PM
I went with two 28 month olds in October. We all had a blast. :) I wouldn't say 4 days is plenty of time though, I think it's almost the minimum. But I am a bit of a Disneyholic, so others should weigh in.

klwa
07-03-2012, 06:53 AM
I took a 5 year old & a 27 month old. :) So, I'd say go for it. Four days is doable, but like others have said, it's more a minimum amount of time for the parks. If I have to guess, you'll be surprised by how much your two can do in the parks. :)

fivi2
07-03-2012, 07:22 AM
We took my girls when they were almost 3 and again when they were 4.5 (to wdw). We did DL at 5.5!

4 days won't give you much time, but it will still be fun! Do you plan to visit every park? I think wdw makes it easy to vacation with young kids, and we had a great time on all of our trips!

acmom
07-03-2012, 07:43 AM
I would definitely go! We took DD at 17 months (my husband had a conference there so it was almost free) and we were surprised how much she could do and how much fun it was even for a toddler. We then went again when DD was 3 and DS was 17 months.

We went for 4 days each time and stayed onsite (Wilderness Lodge and Polynesian). We went to park each day (1 day each in AK and Epcot and 2 full days in MK, skipped HS). We did an early breakfast, went to the park for opening, spent the am and left the park after lunch. We then usually did a nap in the hotel, a little pool time and an early dinner. I agree if you want to do all the parks and still have some relaxing time at the hotel, you might want to consider another day or two. But 4 days was really fun and definitely do-able, especially if you are ok not seeing everything.

HTH! Have fun!

AnnieW625
07-03-2012, 12:08 PM
We have not gone yet, but have done DL with a less than 2 yr. old and a 4 or 5 yr. old a number of times and have had a great time, but we are usually exhausted if we spend more than say 5 hrs. there, but we live 20 minutes away. However if you are close, say less than a 2 hr. plane ride away then yes I would think about going.

I had been really trying to push for a trip in the next year, but considering we have to travel from CA to WDW and after talking with some friends who just got back with their almost 6 yr. old and their almost 10 yr. old I am now definitely convinced I want to push the trip back a couple of years until I know they will be able to enjoy it, and we don't have to deal with strollers, diaper bags, and a kid who is maybe barely potty trained. A friend of mine who just went really convinced me of this. My friend said they did 1 day at MK (new Fantasyland was not open yet), 2 days at Epcot, 2 days at Hollywood Studios (it rained and I guess she said there was more to do there like go to the movies due to the rain), and 2 days at the Animal Kingdom. With that said there were still some rides her younger daughter couldn't go on (Space Mountain was one, but I don't recall the others). They were there for 9 days.

I hate to be a buzz kill, but if I am going to be spending oodles of money on a theme park vacation I would love for the kids to be able to enjoy the entire trip, and potentially have actual memories of it.