PDA

View Full Version : It's always the ones WITHOUT insurance.

kijip
07-02-2012, 09:34 PM
My husband was in a minor car accident that was certainly the other drivers fault. The side of our car is torn up pretty badly, though thankfully no one is hurt. But the dude who hit him doesn't have current insurance. Ugh. We carry UIM but what a PITA. Buy insurance or don't drive people. This is not a hard concept to understand.

amldaley
07-02-2012, 09:51 PM
As soon as I saw the title of your post, I knew exactly what it would be about b/c it is SO TRUE. Thank goodness it was only minor but you're right on all counts...it is a PIA and totally annoying that people feel they are "entitled" to drive insured or not.

Hope you get it resolved swiftly and easily.

kijip
07-02-2012, 10:12 PM
Ok, my husband's idea of minor is silly. Glad no one is hurt both drivers side doors will not open and there is body damage from bumper to bumper on that side.

Complicating matters, we leave this weekend for a camping trip. This is our only car. Triple ugh.

Snow mom
07-02-2012, 10:15 PM
I'm sorry, Katie. That sucks. Will insurance pay for a rental? I wouldn't take a car that doesn't have opening doors on a road trip. Beyond being a royal PITA it's a huge safety concern to not be able to exit the vehicle.

kijip
07-02-2012, 10:27 PM
I am sure a rental will be covered but we will be out of town for awhile and I am worried that they will only pay until the car is fixed, and that we will end up paying out of pocket for the rental for the last part of the trip. I don't reckon we will be able to get it fixed before Saturday with the holiday and everything. It will be ok. But we are watching every dollar here so even coughing up my deductible makes me grumpy.

crl
07-03-2012, 12:06 AM
No fair. That sucks.

Catherine

firstbaby
07-03-2012, 12:18 PM
I am so sorry! I would be very grumpy too :(

ourbabygirl
07-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Super annoying! :32: I'm so sorry that happened, especially when you need your car this weekend!

kijip
07-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Good news- despite being evasive and not having their card that night, as it turns out the person responsible for the collision is insured and their insurance company is reimbursing our insurance company for everything. Much less of an annoyance than it seemed. It was 2 cars and a motorcycle so it's just a blessing that no one was hurt.

crl
07-06-2012, 07:07 PM
Good news- despite being evasive and not having their card that night, as it turns out the person responsible for the collision is insured and their insurance company is reimbursing our insurance company for everything. Much less of an annoyance than it seemed. It was 2 cars and a motorcycle so it's just a blessing that no one was hurt.

Oh good! Hope it all gets sorted out with regard to your trip.

Catherine