PDA

View Full Version : Help me understand hexbug tracks

mom2one
07-02-2012, 09:35 PM
DS is 8. He has three hexbugs. We do not have any tracks, so when he plays with them, they just run wild. Do we need tracks? If so, what is a good way to start with.

Susan

maestramommy
07-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Wow, there are tracks for hexbugs??

Arwyn got one for her bday. Hilarious. But it would never occur to me that there are tracks for them.

JElaineB
07-02-2012, 09:58 PM
DS has tracks for his hexbugs. Tracks aren't necessary but he has had fun building different configurations and watching the bugs go through them.

belovedgandp
07-02-2012, 10:24 PM
I got a habitat thing at Costco a Christmas or two ago. Then have found the tracks on clearance. The kids like making different configurations for them to go on. It's a good toy to pull out, play with for a few hours and then box the whole thing up and away again.

hellokitty
07-02-2012, 10:51 PM
There are tracks, but I will be honest and tell you that my kids played with the hexbugs and tracks for a couple wks and now they are just sitting in a box. If I were you, I'd make it a summer project by letting your son make his own tracks out of cardboard or something, it would be more fun (and obviously cheaper, plus educational). I just hate how these stupid hexbugs suck batteries like no tomorrow...

Thatchermom
07-02-2012, 11:47 PM
PSA - Dollar Tree has AG13 batteries that fit the hexbugs. 8 for $1!

We got a battle track set for Christmas that the kids love. A taller section has no sides and the bugs push each other around until one falls off.

geochick
07-02-2012, 11:48 PM
When my kids were interested in their Hexbugs, they liked to have battles in the arenas.

I think you could battle bugs in a 9x13 pan.

Mermanaid
07-03-2012, 12:09 AM
PSA - Dollar Tree has AG13 batteries that fit the hexbugs. 8 for $1!

Thank you! I can now afford to change the batteries out every few days since DS forgets to turn the darn things off!