PDA

View Full Version : annoyed with everything...

boilermakermom
07-02-2012, 10:03 PM
i am annoyed with the ridiculous heat. why is it so hot outside?

i am annoyed that DH works 75+ hours a week, thus making me feel like a single parent every night.

i am annoyed with the lady from craigslist who showed up an HOUR late this evening to pick up an item i had listed on craigslist. she said she couldn't find our house, even though i talked to her on the phone earlier in the day and she said she knew right where i was at. and she understood the directions i emailed her.

i am annoyed with my SIL and her constant requests to only eat organic non-GMO food at every get together/holiday.

i am annoyed SIL thinks turning on my oven for 3.5 hours to bake a cheesecake is a good idea during a holiday party at my house.

i am sick of this cold or allergies or whatever i have had for the last two and a half weeks. i thought i was over it, but this morning i woke up feeling like crud. again.

i am sick of DD having a cold or allergies or whatever I have.

i am sick of DD not listening and being crabby because she doesn't feel good.

i am annoyed the letter i key isn't working properly on my laptop.

i am annoyed at everyone in my neighborhood that is shooting off fireworks all day and night. DD and the dog both freak out. and DD wakes up all night long. lovely.

ok - time for a beer! :)

kijip
07-02-2012, 11:09 PM
That's a lot. Better make it 2 beers and some shots!

Who in the flipping world bakes a cheesecake in the middle of a heat wave? Just whip some cream and dump it on berries. No cook dessert.

elliput
07-02-2012, 11:14 PM

ok - time for a beer! :)
:rotflmao:

If you haven't tried it yet- go get a case of Leinenkugel Summer Shandy. It is the perfect beer for hot summer weather. :8:

boilermakermom
07-02-2012, 11:48 PM
2 Digs (new Belgium summer ale) and I feel BETTER!!! ;)

I still can't believe my SIL thinks baking a cheesecake in 97 degree heat is a good idea. WTH! Bake it at your house then!

And, no. I am not paying $6.99/lb for chicken just for her. At this point, she has asked so many times it is a principle. Every holiday she asks that I make something different for her. Ugh!

crl
07-03-2012, 01:04 AM
Absolutely the cheesecake should be baked at the person's house who thnks that's a good idea!

And I'd tell the Organics only person that you are afraid you will get the wrong thing, so you will cook it, but only if she buys the ingredients.

Catherine

kijip
07-03-2012, 02:49 AM
We are food snobs. But we are polite guests first and we eat what we are served at other people's houses if it is physically possible to do so be it hamburger helper, farmed salmon or wonder bread. I pass on dairy and gluten but I don't make a deal of it, though with family I feel ok bringing a pack of gluten free buns if headed to a BBQ. Seriously it is beyond rude for her to make demands on her hosts like that. She should cook or host if she wants to pick (and pay for) the food.

o_mom
07-03-2012, 07:44 AM
i am annoyed at everyone in my neighborhood that is shooting off fireworks all day and night. DD and the dog both freak out. and DD wakes up all night long. lovely.

I am sooooo glad we have a burn ban in effect that includes fireworks and it appears that people are actually following it around here.

belovedgandp
07-03-2012, 09:28 AM
ugh, I'm annoyed for you.

Good luck!

AngB
07-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Yeesh, I am annoyed for you too.

We lucked out this year on fireworks courtesy of going on 2 weeks of 100 + degree heat (some days like 108) and a drought. Fireworks are illegal here but people do them anyway and generally the police ignore calls, etc. but this year they are actually asking people to call if they hear them and giving out steep fines because of the fire risk. Thanks to that, it's been pretty quiet here so far, but I'm not looking forward to tomorrow.