PDA

View Full Version : Can the BJCM-GT replace the BJCE as my outdoor stroller?

Jennifer626
07-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Still searching for that elusive "perfect" stroller... I have a BJCE and a Cybex Onyx and love both of them, but with #2 on the way, I really want a bassinet, so thought of the idea of selling both of those, and buying a single BJCM GT to replace both. But, will it still be as good of a push on bumpy pothole-y roads in our neighborhood?

Thanks!

bisous
07-03-2012, 01:28 AM
I would love the know the answer to that one! I'm wary of the wheel size--quite a bit smaller than the 12 inch wheels of the elite (or my MBUD) but wouldn't it be great if it had a great ride anyway??

strollerqueen
07-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Still searching for that elusive "perfect" stroller... I have a BJCE and a Cybex Onyx and love both of them, but with #2 on the way, I really want a bassinet, so thought of the idea of selling both of those, and buying a single BJCM GT to replace both. But, will it still be as good of a push on bumpy pothole-y roads in our neighborhood?

Thanks!
No, it won't be. Sorry!

strollerqueen
07-03-2012, 11:45 AM
I would love the know the answer to that one! I'm wary of the wheel size--quite a bit smaller than the 12 inch wheels of the elite (or my MBUD) but wouldn't it be great if it had a great ride anyway??

Your instincts are correct. The bigger the wheel size, the smoother the ride.

Jennifer626
07-04-2012, 12:37 AM
Your instincts are correct. The bigger the wheel size, the smoother the ride.

So, if we were deciding between a used Cam/Frog or a new BJCM-GT, and wanting to use it for long walks on non-sidewalked roads, which would you pick?

I just don't want to own 3 strollers (well really, it's DH that doesn't want to, lol...) and at this point I'm thinking of selling my Cybex Onyx and buying a BJCM (with a bassinet) for the mall, keeping my BJCE for solo outside walks, and then buying a double BOB once next spring comes around. DH really likes the idea of the GT and thinks that will solve all of our issues, ha!

roseyloxs
07-05-2012, 06:14 AM
You could float the idea of the mountain buggy plus one. It would work for solo and duo walks outdoors. Its about double the price of the BOB so maybe that would convince your DH he needs 3 strollers.