PDA

View Full Version : Do I need a B ready-enablers are welcome

trickyhop
07-02-2012, 11:26 PM
So Im wondering if i should get the B ready for 350 off amazon in Navy. I like the idea of the rear facing seat which i didnt have with my first. I just bought a bob duallie, it is my only double. I have a single Valco Ion, luv this stroller I returned a city mini and got that instead. The con is i have the only valco that cant take a joey seat GRRRR

My question is do I need a B-ready? I think I need a second double and i like the idea of single to double. I would like a car stroller something easier than the Bob, easier for city living, malls, restaurants, museums etc.

DS1 is turning two he is also 34 lbs. DS2 is three months this thursday and is currently wearin 6-9 month and is at least 14lbs . Id like to get a second stroller and it would be nice if it converted. I looked at the vista but my little ones not going to be able to fit in a bassinet for much longer and second seat would be alot more useful than a bassinet.

I also looked at the maclaren triumph/techno as a second stroller. But its the same price range.

is it too soon to buy another stroller? i wouldnt even consider it if it wasnt such a great deal? Is a B ready and a bob duallie redundant? my son is at the weight limit for the second seat unless i look at it as a general guideline? Sorry for such a long post! is there good resale on the b ready can i justify it that way?

ckelly
07-03-2012, 12:06 AM
The B-ready is my car stroller (i drive a corolla). It's perfect for my situation. I think the duallie and the B-ready are very different strollers. I personally love mine :)

spannaz
07-03-2012, 09:38 AM
I agree with ckelly. I think the B Ready compliments your Duallie as opposed to being redundant. The B Ready is a full-featured car double stroller, whereas the Duallie is best for long walks outside. I say go for it! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

todzwife
07-03-2012, 09:35 PM
I agree with ckelly. I think the B Ready compliments your Duallie as opposed to being redundant. The B Ready is a full-featured car double stroller, whereas the Duallie is best for long walks outside. I say go for it! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree!!!

trickyhop
07-04-2012, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the responses! im so glad im not crazy and being driven by "but its on sale" mode. Does anyone think going over the weight limit on the second seat will be a problem i really want to have the baby uptop for awhile so big brothr will be at weight limit in the second seat at 34 lbs. Anyone able to compare the push? i dont want a vista right? is there any other reversible double im missing out on.

ckelly
07-04-2012, 04:18 PM
My tall 35lber still goes in the bottom seat and I think she could still for a while. Im not too worried about exceeding the weight limit. It is easier to push with the bigger kid on top but you probably won't notice it until the baby puts on s few pounds. So I wouldn't worry too much about putting your younger in the top and older in bottom at first. Now comes the hard part though...deciding which color to get ;)

todzwife
07-04-2012, 05:01 PM
My 45 pound 6 year old can fit in the bottom seat in a pinch. I don't think I'd do it that way all the time but it is possible and it still doesn't tip!!

ckelly
07-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Oh and meant to add...if money were no object I would want to try a MB duet. But I think the BR suits my needs better :)

hapimommy
07-04-2012, 08:01 PM
I have a vista, and while my ds @ 40 lbs. Can sit in the rumbleseat, the push is pretty difficult, and has almost tipped over more than once. I think the b-ready might work better with the heavier child on the bottom. I honestly need to warn you that the push will never compare to the duallie, but I understand the need for a tandem, and that looks like a good deal!

luli13
07-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Just got a navy one from Albee. Ordered it two days ago and got it this afternoon with a free second seat. Just got it put of the box and put it together. Too soon to tell if it is a keeper but I am so excited to take it out and about! I feel like I got a great deal :-)

trickyhop
07-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Just got a navy one from Albee. Ordered it two days ago and got it this afternoon with a free second seat. Just got it put of the box and put it together. Too soon to tell if it is a keeper but I am so excited to take it out and about! I feel like I got a great deal :-)

ooh thats the color I was looking at. Please post and tell me what you think. Of course the seat in navy is now back ordered.

luli13
07-05-2012, 10:02 PM
ooh thats the color I was looking at. Please post and tell me what you think. Of course the seat in navy is now back ordered.

I originally bought from Amazon and quickly realized the stroller was set to arrive in two days with prime and the seat was not expected until August! I quickly cancelled the order and went with Albee- same price and I got both the stroller and seat in two days with free shipping. I plan to take it out tomorrow so I will report back.