PDA

View Full Version : I have some tummy "chub" but don't want to lose my curves!

bisous
07-03-2012, 03:27 AM
Please say I'm not the only one in this situation. I am just about at my pre-pregnancy weight. My clothes pretty much fit. But this time around my tummy is just so squishy and flabby and loose and just yucky! I like the weight I'm at now because I like my "curves" and don't love the waif look. But I hate my tummy.

Would you try to lose in this case? I look okay in everything except a bathing suit. Spanx is my friend in more form fitting clothes.

Short of surgery, what can I do?

BTW, DS3 is 9 mo.

TIA!

infomama
07-03-2012, 03:39 AM
Have you been exercising or has the baby weight just come off without?

bisous
07-03-2012, 03:42 AM
Not exercising. I'm hoping that come Fall, I'll have some time to add exercise when both DS1 and DS2 are in school full time.

infomama
07-03-2012, 03:47 AM
I think that's the missing link here. I lost my baby weight fast but was mushy until I started to weight train (eventually moving to yoga exclusively) and it made all the difference.

bisous
07-03-2012, 03:49 AM
Thank you. I hope it works that way for me too!

daisysmom
07-03-2012, 09:44 AM
I think you don't need to worry about getting the waif look unless you starve yourself. I would try to add some toning by something like Jillian Michaels 30 day shred (or 30 day body revolution, I think, is the name of her newer dvd). The workouts are just 24 minutes long, you do it every day, and it has really tightened my tummy b/c it has a lot of planks and crunches. Great toning for appearance sake, but even moreso, core strength is key to not hurting your back and having energy once the 9 month old is mobile and you want to run all over the park, ride bikes, etc.