PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with corolle dolls several years old?

calebsmama03
07-03-2012, 11:14 AM
I have a question for anyone with a corolle doll several years old, preferably well used and loved. Dd has a Cailin baby doll that has been her "baby" since 18mos. She has slept with her every night. The current doll is actually a replacement because the original baby's eyes started rotating in their sockets after a year of gentle use (such that instead of opening up/down they opened side to side toward the nose!). Corolle was awesome and replaced the doll free of chrrge. Thus current doll has been used for about 5 years now and is in excellent shape except that her skin is turning red! I thought it was some dye from cheap clothes my mom bought her but I took those away and cleaned her and the red is still there and worsening. Tried magic eraser, alcohol, norwex cloths and it hasn't helped. Her whole face and limbs are turning the Color of her lips.

Has anyon else noticed the akin changing color like this? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

infocrazy
07-03-2012, 11:42 AM
DD has 1 that is only a year old that did that. She has some "scrapes" and "bruises" on her head and face. We are new to dolls and I just assumed that was normal...particularly with 2 older brothers.

Initially, I thought it was marker or from contact with clothes but the color is too diverse, it literally looks like a scrape. So far, only her head has these and it hasn't gotten any better or worse in the last 6 months, but nothing has cleaned it off either.

Canna
07-06-2012, 12:54 PM
We have a Calin that is 6.5 years old and looks like new. I has never been a big favorite, though.

Melaine
07-06-2012, 03:32 PM
That sounds really weird. I would email Corolle and ask them. We have two Calins. One I found at Goodwill and the other from Ebay. We've had both for probably two or three years and I know they were used when we got them, so older I assume. No marks like that.

doberbrat
07-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Sounds weird! We have Tidoo, Calin and babipouce. Babipouce is the oldest and least loved at 6yrs the others are 2.5 + and all are in really good shape. All have been through the wash, left in the car on a summer day, dragged around etc.

I'd call them

sarahsthreads
07-06-2012, 07:58 PM
Gosh, we have two calins and a tidoo that are anywhere from 3-7 years old and have been through every kind of torture small children can inflict on them and they still look brand new (mostly - the hair on one of our calins is rather scruffy at this point). That's just weird that her skin is turning red!

Sarah :)

hillview
07-06-2012, 08:20 PM
we have
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004LE7ESW/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000AM2L1O&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0A5E18MDXF94FS9PVE7A
and have had him for about 5 years and he is fine. I'd call the company that sounds funky