PDA

View Full Version : Is the Baby K'tan as comfortable to wear as the Moby?

edurnemk
07-03-2012, 12:38 PM
I'm still undecided on which to get, since I like the idea of a wrap but I'm not sure I have the required skills to wrap it correctly every time (in other words I feel I'm a bit of a clutz :ROTFLMAO: )

So is the Baby K'tan as comfortable in terms of distributing the weight on our back? I can get it today with 20% off at Albee 8the Moby, too).

queenmama
07-03-2012, 12:50 PM
I recommend the K'Tan over the Moby, absolutely. The Moby is sooo hot to me. It might last longer, because I feel like the K'Tan is too stretchy for a bigger baby, but it wouldn't be worth the discomfort. A lot of people love the Moby, though, so maybe I'm just too hot-natured.

FWIW, I learned to wrap watching YouTube videos -- some of them over and over and over! I took notes and practiced in front of a mirror, and now I can do it almost automatically!

Sent from the HTC Vivid 4G LTE via Tapatalk 2

edurnemk
07-03-2012, 12:53 PM
Thanks! I'm also getting a Beco, and I have a ring sling, so I'm not too worried about when she's older. I'm thinking of using the K'tan or Moby mostly during the first months, and I also dislike feeling hot!

waitingforgrace
07-03-2012, 04:02 PM
No advice for you, but wanted to post that nobetterdeal.com has had lots of K'tans lately so you might want to check out their prices.

tmahanes
07-03-2012, 06:30 PM
I haven't used a Moby but I loved my Ktan! ! It is so easy to use and I thought it was very comfy!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BabyBearsMom
07-03-2012, 08:27 PM
No experience withe the K'tan but I love my moby. I have a regular Moby and also bought a water wrap fromEtsy. The water wrap is breathable and cool but the same as a Moby in every other way. Also I'm disastrously klutzy and have no issue tying the Moby. I watched the YouTube videos and it was easier than I thought

sunshine873
07-03-2012, 09:10 PM
I haven't used a Moby but I loved my Ktan! ! It is so easy to use and I thought it was very comfy!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

:yeahthat:

jbbhb
07-03-2012, 09:25 PM
I have a moby, but could never get the hang of it. It just was super cumbersome for me. For DS2 I got a K'tan and I love it. On and off super easy and quick and its prettty comfy (I am not really comfy in any baby carriers, including the ergo, but the k'tan is as comfy as I get)

edurnemk
07-03-2012, 10:10 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm getting the K'tan.

Waitingforgrace, thanks for the tip, they're super cheap on nobetterdeal.com unfortunately they don't have my size.