PDA

View Full Version : This is the3rd time in 2 months I got pink eye....

sweetsue98
07-03-2012, 10:25 PM
And no my kids did not pass it to me. Wtf?

babyonway
07-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Oh that sucks I am so sorry!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

happymomma
07-04-2012, 07:21 AM
Are you sure it is pink eye? After I had LASIK my eyes would be really dry. It would be goopy in the morning and be red all day. When I went to my primary they said it was pink eye. But eventually I went to my eye doctor and they diagnose it as just really dry eyes.

sweetsue98
07-04-2012, 07:40 AM
Are you sure it is pink eye? After I had LASIK my eyes would be really dry. It would be goopy in the morning and be red all day. When I went to my primary they said it was pink eye. But eventually I went to my eye doctor and they diagnose it as just really dry eyes.

I guess I just assume because of all the symptoms. Red, watery, goopy. Ive never had pink eye until I had kids but last 3 times I got it on my own...maybe it's not pink eye?

Minnifer
07-04-2012, 07:57 AM
Also wondering whether it's really pink eye. Since I moved to this area a few months ago I've woken up w/what seems to be pink eye symptoms about a million different times, but the symptoms tend to lessen/go away over the course of the day - I figure it's allergies. DS had what I suspected was pink eye a few months ago (his eyes were really goopy!) and when I talked to the ped he said if it's not worsening and getting redder and redder each day, it's probably not pink eye - more likely a virus (cold) that was impacting his eyes. And that's what it turned out to be - cleared up in a day or so.

marymoo86
07-04-2012, 08:07 AM
Could be allergic reaction pink eye. I got that several times in the spring. Breastmilk or Clear Eyes worked like a charm.

elephantmeg
07-04-2012, 08:57 AM
you can have allergic pink eye...

happymomma
07-04-2012, 09:00 AM
I guess I just assume because of all the symptoms. Red, watery, goopy. Ive never had pink eye until I had kids but last 3 times I got it on my own...maybe it's not pink eye?

I suspected that it was not pink eye because my kids never had it. Definitely have an actual optomologist take a look at it to make sure that it is pink eye or not.

Dayzy
07-04-2012, 10:13 AM
Have a doctor check it out. We thought my son and I kept getting pinkeye last year. Finally the allergist took a look and we were suffering from horrible seasonal allergies that a dose of Claritin would clear up.

hellokitty
07-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Are you pregnant, by any chance? I had never, ever gotten pink eye before, but I got pink eye 3x in the course of two pregnancies. My immunity just goes OUT the window when I am pregnant, and my kids have NEVER had pink eye before. I've had allergy eyes before (like waking up with crusty, itchy, red eyes) and it's different than pink eye. If you aren't sure, see your doctor, or try taking some allergy medicine to see if it helps. There zatidor (sp), is a newer OTC eye drop for allergy suffers and omg I LOVE it! It works better than my expensive prescription eye drops.

baileygirl
07-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Is it possible you have something wrong like colitis or Crohn's disease? A friend had pink eye several times (that her kids did not have) and later (that year) found out she had colitis. Recently I read an article that said there is a connection between the two.

MommyofAmaya
07-05-2012, 10:44 PM
I had similar issues and it turned out to be severe dry eye caused by blocked ducts in my water line. Lol that sounds like a major plumbing problem. I do regular hot eye compresses and use Systane Balance once a day. I occasionally need antibiotics when a clogged duct gets irritated (stye). Hope you get you get an easy to deal with diagnosis.

eyedoc_01
07-05-2012, 11:03 PM
If it's allergic, it'll itch. It'll usually be in both eyes equally.

If it's dry eye, it'll burn, usually worse toward the end of the day or after heavy reading/computer use. It may be goopy in the morning, but won't keep producing goop all day like pink eye usually will.

You can get recurrent conjunctivitis (pink eye) from the cold sore virus (herpes simplex), especially if you're under stress lately. Just a thought if you're also prone to cold sores.

But all this is armchair diagnosis. If you really want to know, your eye doctor has to take a look at it;)

123LuckyMom
07-06-2012, 01:43 AM
No advice, just sympathy! Hugs!