PDA

View Full Version : Which stroller to bring to Seville?

roseyloxs
07-05-2012, 05:31 AM
Headed to Sevilla on Sunday. We will be staying for 8 nights in a vacation rental. We will not be using a car and the apartment is listed as handicap accessible. We are flying there on Iberia with one stopover in Madrid.

Should we bring...

Cybex topaz with valco HH and a carrier
Phil & Teds vibe2 with doubles seat

We will be doing the typical tourist attractions as well as a wedding. The wedding is about a 5 minute walk from our apartment and a shuttle is going to be provided to and from the reception hall. The weather doesn't look too bad for the season, about a high of 97 all week and the humidity looks low.

DS is pretty good at walking which is why the cybex might be all we need. However I am tempted to play it safe and bring the vibe except I am nervous about flying with it. I do not have a travel bag for it. I could try and see if the double baby jogger bag would work (it is what I used to fly with my indie twin). So tell me. What would you do?

roseyloxs
07-06-2012, 06:30 AM
No one has an opinion? Hmm... I guess I'll be left asking DH :ROTFLMAO:

theriviera
07-06-2012, 08:02 AM
I would bring the vibe. Do you have time to get a bag?

Jennifer626
07-06-2012, 07:19 PM
We took our Bugaboo (packed in travel bag for flights) and were soooooo happy we had it. Especially in the older towns where everything is cobblestone, it was so nice to have air tires.

I have a Cybex Onyx and I can't imagine pushing that even for 1 day over cobblestones.

roseyloxs
07-07-2012, 04:56 AM
Is sevilla cobblestone? New or old? I live in Germany and push the Topaz everyday on the sidewalks here which are more like poorly laid 12" x 12" concrete squares. The Topaz wheels are slightly larger then the onyx ones.

DH wants to take the Topaz so I think that may be what we do. This picture makes me think it might not be so bad but I still wonder if the vibe might be worth the trouble.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd137/jcomingore/sevilla_jessicacomingore-1.png

vtmom
07-07-2012, 07:41 AM
Most of the cobblestone streets will have the 12x12 square sidewalks. The ones that don't are the roads so narrow I would want the smallest footprint stroller possible. A lot of the shops in the older part of town are going to be super tiny too so that might be a consideration.

Multimama
07-07-2012, 09:10 AM
Never been to Seville, but I would take the Cybex and a good carrier (or two!). If your DH is going to be with you, you may not even need a stroller. :)

roseyloxs
07-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Now your making me think it over again.

I found the baby jogger double bag. Vibe fits with room to spare. I want to go with less aka the cybex but I am worried the heat will make my kids more tired then usual. Its been in the 70s here so we are spoiled with very comfortable weather this summer. Hmmm....

roseyloxs
07-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Okay. Final decision is the cybex with HH and a back-up carrier. I'll let you know if it turns out to be a disaster. DS supported the decision and said he doesn't need a stroller :D I know DD supports the topaz because its by far her favorite stroller (despite my favorite being the bee).

roseyloxs
07-09-2012, 10:34 AM
Day 1 of flying was a complete failure but that was because of Iberia not the stroller. They also lost our HH but it was eventually found and delivered to our apartment in Sevilla.

Day 2 of actual vacation and the stroller has worked out great. The tiny streets of the old neighborhood are a bit rough but the topaz can handle them. Most of the city is paved in large tiles and is very, very smooth including all the big tourist spots we have hit so far.

For stroller sightings I have already seen 4 Janes and they were all different models. Have seen a few maclarens and a bunch of Chiccos (much nicer then the ones I see in the US... they have an almost inglesina look to them). I also saw one Cam. Have seen very few strollers with air tires so I think I should be fine this week. Thanks ladies!

hapimommy
07-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Love my powertwin! Hope you have a chance to play with a few of them while you are there. Would love to see a new model Jane esp. The slalom reverse irl!

roseyloxs
07-09-2012, 07:04 PM
Just saw my first powertwin tonight! Not the first ever IRL but the first on the trip. Haven't seen any Janes that were actually being used in the reverse position. You are right though, I should try and look up a baby store and check out some strollers.

Tonight I saw a bunch of Bugs. Two bees and another cam. Ooh I also saw a babyhome emotion. We saw some that I couldn't identify, DH offered to stalk one for me but I said we could wait but then they left before I got the chance, oh well. Thought maybe it was an oyster at first but it seemed bigger, I'll never know.

legaleagle
07-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Pics, we need pics!

roseyloxs
07-11-2012, 04:53 AM
Pics, we need pics!

I know I really should. DH actually broke his DSLR lens by dropping his camera on the first day. He still has a zoom lens so that could work out in my favor as far as stroller stalking goes.