PDA

View Full Version : First Trip to Hanna Outlet

Kindra178
07-05-2012, 10:31 AM
This weekend I will be going to my first ever HA outlet (how in the world after 6 years of motherhood?). I will be getting short johns, long sleeve layering ts, DS1's fav pants (see below) and short sleeve solid shirts. Maybe some unders for ds1 as well as undershirts x 3.

I think I will need some help with sizing.

Pants:

DS1 is just fitting into 120s pants know. His favs are the sweatpants cargos and he likes to wear those from October through May. He is 47 inches and 46 pounds right now. Stick with the 120s or buy 130s for the school year? For the most part of last school year he couldn't hold up the 120s. It was late winter/early spring when those pants didn't fall off him.

Shirts:

Think I will go with the 130s.

Unders:

He has the medium striped boxers (120-130) right now. When I got them last year at this time, they were huge, but now they are ok. Seriously the best underwear out there. Love the covered elastic.

Thanks guys!

AnnieW625
07-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Hmm, I don't have boys so I really can't help with sizing as I have girls. If your DS is slim he might be okay in 120s, but if he is more filled out then maybe 130s. I bought DD1 who is now finally in a solid 110 (she is 43"-44" tall and 43lbs) 120 short johns and a 120 one piece swim suit, but everything else she can wear in a 110 still (her bikini bottoms were a 100). If she grows up anymore I will have an issue with pants again like I have had prior where the 110s are too short, but the 120s will be too big in the waist.

I don't want to be a buzz kill here, but honestly I would call the outlet and make sure they have these things before you go so you don't get all psyched up and then dissapointed with your visit. I remember when DD1 was potty training (2009) there were no underwear, including training pants at the outlets. I think they are carrying more in general, but I think I'd just want to know.

As much as sometimes I hate taking my kids shopping I always end up taking them to Hanna with me esp. when they are in between sizes so I can get them sized on the Hanna size chart or have them try things on.

Have fun!

hillview
07-05-2012, 12:10 PM
agree with annie -- call first. DSs starting at age 3 were slow to move up sizes and so our 120s lasted over a year. DS2 is about 10 lbs heavier and about the same height and wears LJ/SJ in 130 and can wear either 120 or 130 in the cargo shorts. I am not sure how the sweats you mention run but I've found that depending on the item there is some difference in what size I get. Good luck!

Kindra178
07-05-2012, 12:47 PM
Thanks guys. No unders AT ALL for boys. They seems to have everything else. Great idea to call. Thanks again!