PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant or not?!?!

TxCat
07-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Ok, this is such a minor problem in the scheme of things, but it's driving me crazy.

My period has been super regular the last 6 months - very regular 31-32 day cycle. DH and I started trying for #2 recently. I'm 2 days late already this month, and have taken two negative pregnancy tests. The "am I, or am I not" is driving me crazy, from every possible angle. I would love to be pregnant, but the uncertainty is killing me. I'm wearing pads every day, just in case I start my period, so it's really uncomfortable. If I wear white, I'm obsessively checking just to make sure I don't have an "accident." I'd like to have a cocktail during my week of vacation, but I have that nagging "better not, just in case" voice in my head every time I think about it. We had plans to go out for sushi, but I canceled, "just in case." And I have a feeling this will all end in disappointment this month anyways. It probably doesn't help that 3 different people have asked me this week when we're going to have another one. Don't people realize that is not a good question to ask a 35-year-old woman???

Ok, vent over. Just had to get that out of my system.

crl
07-05-2012, 02:03 PM
I remember a long stretch of the same thing (mostly the sushi, darn it) every month when we were trying to conceive. It was frustrating!

Catherine

AngB
07-05-2012, 02:33 PM
I hate the 2ww! (2 week wait). I think you are okay eating sushi till a + test.

FWIW, First Response Early Results are usually the most sensitve/best for early testing.

mommylamb
07-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Good luck!!!!

arivecchi
07-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Exciting, but I totally get your bitch! It is nerve wracking! Best of luck!

elektra
07-05-2012, 03:04 PM
The worst kind of anticipation!

Beth24
07-05-2012, 03:18 PM
I went through the same thing TTC DS3...I was 43 when I started trying and it was such an emotional roller coaster! I totally get where you're coming from.

SkyrMommy
07-05-2012, 03:46 PM
We went through the same thing trying for DC2, it was always that wait that was so frustrating. And I think that because I was anxious it truly started to throw my schedule all out of wack & I am/was as regular as possible.

Good luck!

Jacksmommy2b
07-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Fingers crossed for a + (or at least an answer!)

Are you using FRER? I find them to be the most sensitive! FTR, I wouldn't hesitate to enjoy sushi or alcohol up until a +!

elizabethkott
07-05-2012, 07:03 PM
UGH!
Fingers crossed and sticky vibes for you!!!

TxCat
07-05-2012, 09:12 PM
Thanks for all the commiseration! The last few months, at least AF came and I could go on with my life, but I hate this in limbo feeling. Didn't even really think about the stress altering things - ugh, that's so, so likely.

Not using First Response, so thank you for the suggestions. Planning to test again this weekend if no changes.

I'm going to go ahead and have a mojito tonight. I'll just make it weak. :D

DrSally
07-05-2012, 10:34 PM
2WW is hard, esp. when you're denying yourself things and it may all be for not.

123LuckyMom
07-06-2012, 01:40 AM
Enjoy your food and drink! It won't hurt your little zygote if you have one ;). I'm crossing fingers for you.

citymama
07-06-2012, 02:46 AM
The worst kind of anticipation!

or the best!

waiting at this stage is interminable, but skip the white, the sushi and the booze for a few days and buy the best home pregnancy test you can! i'll never forget peeing on the generic stick and going "what, is that a line? no. yes. no. yes. honey, can you run out and buy the non-generic kind while i drink a gallon of juice?"

good luck with it all! may the fertility goddesses smile on you!

goldenpig
07-06-2012, 03:40 AM
I understand your annoyances! Hope you find out soon one way or the other! Best of luck TXcat!

MontrealMum
07-06-2012, 04:29 AM
Sending you positive sticky pregnant vibes. If that's what they're called :)

As for the sushi and alcohol, I abstained before and during pregnancy as well and was shocked (and pissed!) when our birthing coach basically made fun of that. I'm not sure, still, whether I'm angry with her for being callous, or pissed generally that I took it all too seriously. Honestly, this is my issue, not yours, so you've got to decide for yourself.

My take on it is this. a drink here or there (alcohol or caffeine) or one sushi dinner is not likely to derail a pregnancy. I'm not saying you should throw caution to the wind - you're a doc after all! - but you can probably fudge a bit here and there for lack of a better word.

okinawama
07-06-2012, 09:02 AM
I have always subscribed to the "drink till you see pink (2 pink lines)" thought. While in the 2ww I would never drink in excess, but would enjoy a glass of wine with dinner if I wanted, all with the blessing of my docs.

I hope you get your answer soon! The waiting is the hardest part!

MamaMolly
07-06-2012, 10:46 AM
:popc1: Two weeks can seem like such a long time! I remember with Dolly the morning I brushed my teeth and the toothpaste tasted like a pork chop. I didn't need a pee stick at that point, but we'd done IVF and the wait was KILLER! Good luck, mama!

MamaSnoo
07-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Good luck- I hated waiting too!
I am in the have "a glass of wine camp" while waiting. You have to do something while you wait!

Go get a first response and POAS first thing in the am.

Most importantly, keep us posted! :popc1: