PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco and Bugaboos

TxCat
07-05-2012, 01:55 PM
Just had to say - I just spent last weekend in San Francisco and was shocked by how many Bees and Cams I saw there. It felt like every block. I'm surprised if I see a Bugaboo of any type in Houston more than once a month - BOBs and BJCMs tend to rule here. Anyways, regional preferences always interest me.

hapimommy
07-06-2012, 02:34 AM
We spend almost all if our weekends in San Francisco, and do not get to see too much beyond the huge stash of maclarens. We were at children's playground last weekend, and saw one bee, about ten maclarens, one g-luxe, two bobs, three bjcmds, a few bjcms, and some cheapie umbrella strollers. Guess I am hanging out in the wrong places to stroller watch. Did see a stroll-air my duo, and orbit at the academy of sciences though! And a really rickety sounding gecko in the Richmond district. Where are all these bees and cams hiding?

TxCat
07-06-2012, 01:15 PM
We spend almost all if our weekends in San Francisco, and do not get to see too much beyond the huge stash of maclarens. We were at children's playground last weekend, and saw one bee, about ten maclarens, one g-luxe, two bobs, three bjcmds, a few bjcms, and some cheapie umbrella strollers. Guess I am hanging out in the wrong places to stroller watch. Did see a stroll-air my duo, and orbit at the academy of sciences though! And a really rickety sounding gecko in the Richmond district. Where are all these bees and cams hiding?

I was in Union Square area mostly, so maybe they were all tourists? :rotflmao:

citymama
07-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Oh, it is Bugaboo Central in the city. I do see Macs, Orbit stroller system and Mountain Buggys also seem to be popular. But a crazy # of Bugaboos.

crl
07-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Hmm. I see mostly maclarens, bobs and vistas, though I have definitely seen other things too. Maybe a function of neighborhood--we are on the Presidio so not the rich part of town (though also not the poor part of town).

Catherine

hapimommy
07-08-2012, 04:44 AM
Now that you pointed it out, I have noticed more and more in the parts of town that we frequent. Guess that uppababy hasn't completely taken over the market on the west coast.

meggie t
07-09-2012, 12:29 AM
The Marina is Bugaboo central. That is almost all I see there. Mostly Cams and Frogs. Also see quite a few in Laurel Heights, although probably see more Vistas, Bobs and BJCM.

It is funny you saw so many in Union Square. I tend to see more umbrella strollers there since they are more car friendly. I use a Vista in my 'hood but a Cybex for the car.

crl
07-09-2012, 01:08 AM
So funny. I am in the Marina a fair bit and I notice tons of bobs, and hardly any bugs. Maybe I have selective stroller observation skills.

These days I don't often have a stroller with me in the Marina, but if you see a woman with short brown hair pushing a black Micralite Superlite Fastfold with a cute blond todder, that's me! :wavey:

Catherine

citymama
07-09-2012, 01:08 AM
Marina, Golden Gate Park, Mission, Glen Park, Pac Heights...I've seen them everywhere!

hapimommy
07-09-2012, 01:42 AM
This thread was nice to find out all those who live near me! I'm the mom pushing the yellow micralite superlite. Or navy Jane powertwin.

crl
07-11-2012, 11:42 PM
I saw a Bumbleride Queen B today in the Marina! At the Moscone park. I was so excited I thought about trying to track down the owner to quiz him or her. :rotflmao:

Catherine