PDA

View Full Version : Hotel rec's in St. Augustine Fl.

Nooknookmom
07-05-2012, 02:17 PM
We were headed back to Hilton Head but my Mom wants to revisit St. Augustine where we grew up going. All the hotels I look up have bedbugs or cockroaches or are just dirty! I'd like to be ON the beach vs Old Town but if it's a clean hotel w/ a decent pool for the kids that's great too.

Tia!

Kindra178
07-05-2012, 02:44 PM
My friend used to work at the Casa Monica. It's gorgeous and usually has great summer deals.

DietCokeLover
07-05-2012, 03:36 PM
If you are going to be there for more than a couple of days, you might look into the condos/ time share at the World Golf Village. Not on the ocean, but the grounds and amenities are very nice.

ecofem
07-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Casa Monica is awesome!

Nooknookmom
07-06-2012, 02:55 AM
Hi - thanks for the rec's. I'm having a hard time b/c my Mom and oldest DD want to stay ON the beach, but trip advisor and travelocity have pretty poor reviews of the few hotels on the beach. The Casa Monica looks awesome to me, but these two don't want to drive to the beach every time.

I'm hatching a plan to possibly stay in Hilton Head 2 nights and drive down the Holiday Inn Express on 95 (new constr.) In St. Augustine, so we'd have access to Silver Springs and historic downtown OR go stay in Daytona for 2 nights and stop at the HI Express on the way home.

My Mom really wants to do Silver Springs - she's 82 and all of our family way back into the late 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's all went and had pics on the boats. I think I'd die if I didn't take her back one more time and something happened to her!!!! At one time my aunt lived on the St. John's river so we just stayed with her.

Any good Daytona rec's - not too crowded? I'm looking at the Hampton Inn south Daytona and Holiday Inn oceanfront.

I really just want to go to Hilton, but I want to make my Mom happy too, who doesn't want to go to Florida???, lol, I guess it seems crowded in my mind!!

ecofem
07-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Take a look at the Hammock Beach Resort in Palm Coast, FL

www.hammockbeach.com

Daytona Beach is not my favorite. Extremely touristy - not in a good way. JMO

On the other hand, I *am* a big fan of retro Florida tourist sites, like Silver Springs, Wakulla Springs, Weeki-Wachee So unique to Florida (the Springs) and just kinda fun.

Have a great trip!

Nooknookmom
07-06-2012, 07:12 PM

www.hammockbeach.com

On the other hand, I *am* a big fan of retro Florida tourist sites, like Silver Springs, Wakulla Springs, Weeki-Wachee So unique to Florida (the Springs) and just kinda fun.

Have a great trip!

I will look tonight thx! I hate he touristy areas too, but I'm not so familiar with Floirida, we went there alot growing up but so much has changed!! I didn't want to book a moldy dirty hotel (happened to us in hilton head once) area kwim?

Thx again!

Melbel
07-06-2012, 08:24 PM

www.hammockbeach.com

Have a great trip!

:yeahthat: We live about an hour from Palm Coast and it is a big hit with families from our area. I have only heard great things. If you are looking for another retro thing to do, Marineland, opened in the late 1930's, is nearby.

http://www.marineland.net/history.html

If you decide to possibly split your time, Casa Monica is lovely. I hope you enjoy your trip to Florida.