PDA

View Full Version : Which Aden + Anais products to get?

Katigre
07-06-2012, 09:38 AM
I'm getting a few last things for the baby and would love some Aden and Anais swaddlers and maybe some burp clothes.

Are the ones at Babies R US good or are they the cheaper version? Should I just get them on amazon.com instead? Any other 'must have' items by them? Thanks!

AnnieW625
07-06-2012, 10:00 AM
I ordered mine from Amazon, I have the Shooting Stars version (http://www.amazon.com/aden-anais-Muslin-Swaddle-Jungle/dp/B002SW3B0O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341583307&sr=8-1&keywords=jungle+jam), these are the originals. I wanted something other than the plain pink patterned ones. I think if you like the ones at BRUS and they come in a 4 pack and are between $40 and $50 you are getting the originals. I got mine on sale for $36 on Amazon in October, 2010, which is the lowest price I have ever seen them.

Minnifer
07-06-2012, 10:07 AM
I also ordered from Amazon, the originals - I got Jungle Jam this time around b/c it's so freaking cute! They have a bunch of the original ones on sale right now, a few sets under $40 - just have to make sure the original price is $49.99.

http://www.amazon.com/aden-anais-Muslin-Swaddle-Jungle/dp/B002SW3B0O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341583307&sr=8-1&keywords=jungle+jam

I also have the Dream Blanket in the giraffe print and it's really nice and soft, but honestly I haven't figured out a use for it yet. DS does have stuff in his crib at this point but I think this blanket is a bit big for now - maybe when he's a bit older. I'm just a sucker for a cute blanket :p

amldaley
07-06-2012, 10:23 AM
We have the large swaddling blankets and the bibs.

Got the blankets at Target on sale...all are white - one solid, one w/ elephants & one with birds.

The bibs we got from a boutique and they are AWESOME as drool bibs. They are a little big for a newborn but we were able to start using them around 3 months easily. LOVE LOVE LOVE these. Pricey but worth it.

queenmama
07-06-2012, 10:54 AM
There are several different "styles" of fabric on the swaddle blankets, even among the ones that are the bigger size. I didn't pay enough attention to this!

I really prefer the bamboo. I wish I could have sheets made out of that material, it is sooo soft! I hardly ever use my regular muslins, they just seem so rough in comparison. (I have the Mela set in the bamboo)

jam224
07-06-2012, 11:18 AM
Are the ones at Babies R US good or are they the cheaper version? Should I just get them on amazon.com instead? Any other 'must have' items by them? Thanks!

The BRU ones are cheaper. They're not the "boutique" version. (Same as the ones sold at Target and BuyBuyBaby.) I believe the only difference is that they're smaller; they're 44" square vs. 47" square. I bought the boutique version from A&A because I felt like one of the main reasons people rave about them is that they're large.

I ordered several swaddlers in lieu of a dream blanket. Right now, DD is 14 months old and sleeps under 2 muslin blankets layered together. Works great!

carolinamama
07-06-2012, 11:22 AM
I wasn't really sold on the A&A blankets with DD even though I wanted to love them. However, I really liked the burp cloths that could be snapped into bibs. My blankets were the original.

indigo99
07-06-2012, 11:30 AM
LOVED our muslin swaddlers for DS1, but DS2 never liked being swaddled. We use them some with the stroller (mostly for sun shade although I'd rather have one of the Rain or Shine Kids sun blankets for that), but otherwise they've been used very little with DS2.

We did swaddle DS1 for a long time and needed the larger, boutique blankets. I also have some of the smaller ones though, and they work fine for the first couple months (maybe better because the large ones are almost too big for a newborn). Unless you can find a good deal on the large ones, you might just get some smaller ones and see how much you use them first.

We have a dream blanket too, and DS1 likes to keep it in his crib although he refuses to actually sleep UNDER it. I'm not sure it's very useful though. By the time they will use a blanket, it seems like it is almost too small to keep them covered.