PDA

View Full Version : Barbie in a Pringles Can?

MamaMolly
07-06-2012, 09:55 AM
Ok, I know this is an odd sounding request, but if you happen to have a Pringles chip can and a Barbie could you let me know if the Barbie will fit inside the can?

We are in the process of turning a bookshelf into a doll house/barbie house. Lula is adamant that we need stairs to get to the second floor, and I'm trying to think of a way to make an elevator kind of like the one on the Barbie's dream house of my childhood. If Barbie will fit in a Pringles can then I can probably rig that up to work. I know, I'm crazy. But it is raining and we have to do something! LOL!

Anyway, thanks for helping if you can! :)

cvanbrunt
07-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Not if you want to put the lid on. The head sticks out an inch or so from a "super stack" can (6.41 oz). It's those darn high-heeled feet. The diameter is fine, though.

sarahsthreads
07-06-2012, 10:11 AM
Don't have a Pringles can handy - plenty of Barbies, though - but I just wanted to say thanks for the giggle. :)

(And send some of that rain over here, please??? It's once again near-record highs. My lawn is deader than dead. And honestly, we're staying inside because it's just too d@mn hot to bother with the outdoors.)

Sarah :)

MamaMolly
07-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Not if you want to put the lid on. The head sticks out an inch or so from a "super stack" can (6.41 oz). It's those darn high-heeled feet. The diameter is fine, though.

Ok, thanks. That is what I was afraid of. Back to the drawing board! :)

MamaMolly
07-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Don't have a Pringles can handy - plenty of Barbies, though - but I just wanted to say thanks for the giggle. :)

(And send some of that rain over here, please??? It's once again near-record highs. My lawn is deader than dead. And honestly, we're staying inside because it's just too d@mn hot to bother with the outdoors.)

Babe, ya gotta move to the rainforest to get it. We didn't have rain for a week or two and I thought the whole island was going to turn into a raisin. Now we are lush, humid and buggy again. Goody. :banghead:

queenmama
07-06-2012, 10:50 AM

Do you need to have the lid, though? When you said you were trying to fashion an elevator I was thinking that most or all of the side would be cut away for her to get on/off. If there's enough clearance on the "second floor" I would just leave the top of the can open.

This sounds like a cool project, coming from a girl who had the dream house!

sarahsthreads
07-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Babe, ya gotta move to the rainforest to get it. We didn't have rain for a week or two and I thought the whole island was going to turn into a raisin. Now we are lush, humid and buggy again. Goody. :banghead:

Don't tell DD1 that. She did a theme study unit on the rainforest for the last month of school and would be absolutely thrilled to move to a rainforest. Me? I couldn't handle the spiders...she was so excited to come home and tell me all about the tarantulas because she knew it would creep me out...

doberbrat
07-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Wow Arent you a cool mom???

You could stack 2 cans on top of each other and fix with duct tape - just cut one can down to size. Or buy one of those mini cans they sometimes sell at the drugstore.

StantonHyde
07-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the laugh this morning--I needed it!!

BillK
07-06-2012, 01:12 PM
They need to make a Sigourney Weaver Barbie and do an Alien theme. :)

KpbS
07-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Wow Arent you a cool mom???

You could stack 2 cans on top of each other and fix with duct tape - just cut one can down to size. Or buy one of those mini cans they sometimes sell at the drugstore.

This is what I was thinking too--a long elevator :)

MamaMolly
07-06-2012, 04:03 PM
They need to make a Sigourney Weaver Barbie and do an Alien theme. :)

For you, Bill!
http://www.worth1000.com/entries/64309/alien-barbie
http://ooakbarbies.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/5779-2.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amybean/4498098021/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/briherbst/452774817/

And not for nothin' y'all, there are a LOT of weird people in the world. Don't believe me? Google Alien Barbie...:eek:

MamaKath
07-06-2012, 04:07 PM
Ok, I know this is an odd sounding request, but if you happen to have a Pringles chip can and a Barbie could you let me know if the Barbie will fit inside the can?

We are in the process of turning a bookshelf into a doll house/barbie house. Lula is adamant that we need stairs to get to the second floor, and I'm trying to think of a way to make an elevator kind of like the one on the Barbie's dream house of my childhood. If Barbie will fit in a Pringles can then I can probably rig that up to work. I know, I'm crazy. But it is raining and we have to do something! LOL!

Anyway, thanks for helping if you can! :)

What about a 2 liter soda bottle? It would be like a crystal elevator with a view. Way cooler IMO than the Pringles can. ;)

doberbrat
07-06-2012, 05:04 PM
What about a 2 liter soda bottle? It would be like a crystal elevator with a view. Way cooler IMO than the Pringles can. ;)

ohh a 1L would be perfect. ..... gotta admit I'm feeling a little bad for my kids I'd never come up w/these cool ideas

MamaMolly
07-06-2012, 07:05 PM

:kisscheek: thanks! That is a great idea!!!!!!!!