PDA

View Full Version : Joint Commission on a Friday????

StantonHyde
07-06-2012, 01:04 PM
If you work in health care, you get it!! If not--basically the feds are here for a one day inspection of our hospital and I am the point person for these surveys. And they are here on the Friday of a HOLIDAY week!!!!!! It's a darn good thing enough of our leadership team is even here vs. out of town!!! I was planning a great bike ride since this is my day OFF. Thank God DH didn't work a night shift last night or a 7 am this morning. He works 10am-6pm today so he could get the kids to camp. I woke him up, said I had to go and that the kids needed breakfast and packed lunches. Poor guy just gave me a blank stare. (he doesn't pack lunches or do the breakfast routine) I told the kids to help Daddy!!!

Oh well, this way the survey is over with and they will be out of here early so they can go back home! aaaargh.....

MamaSnoo
07-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Bummer. Sorry. I totally get it.

Here's to passing inspection. :54:

StantonHyde
07-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Oh yeah!! My only grumble is I have to pick up the kids from camp by 4:15 so I can't go out and have a drink with everyone once its over. But I think everybody else will just want to go home and pour a libation of choice anyway. hmmmm--I think I hear a nice glass of Cakebread Savignon Blanc calling my name.

gatorsmom
07-06-2012, 04:21 PM
hmmmm--I think I hear a nice glass of Cakebread Savignon Blanc calling my name.

Yumm, that sounds good. Though, since it is a Friday, I'd probably whip up some Margheritas or something a little stronger! Enjoy!

DualvansMommy
07-06-2012, 04:54 PM
I'm impressed yours only lasted a day AND passed! we have ours which never just spend a day....but more like half or entire work week! so would be reaching for my bottle of vino end of today, if I'm in your shoes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

StantonHyde
07-06-2012, 05:29 PM
I'm impressed yours only lasted a day AND passed! we have ours which never just spend a day....but more like half or entire work week! so would be reaching for my bottle of vino end of today, if I'm in your shoes.

Oh this was an "extension survey" since we built a new building. They were supposed to be here by March 1, 2012. (6 month window) So people cancelled appointments and rescheduled vacations. 4 months OUTSIDE the window is when they show up!! And then we get to do the big survey next year--oh fun, fun, fun. job security.

StantonHyde
07-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Yumm, that sounds good. Though, since it is a Friday, I'd probably whip up some Margheritas or something a little stronger! Enjoy!

Except that DH won't be home till 8 or so and I don't think the kids would be ok with me drooling on the couch :love-retry:

gatorsmom
07-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Except that DH won't be home till 8 or so and I don't think the kids would be ok with me drooling on the couch :love-retry:

I think the kids should go to bed early tonight, don't you? ;)