PDA

View Full Version : Seriously?? Laundry woes

doberbrat
07-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Yesterday I did our bed linens. Been meaning to do it for a few days but finally did it yesterday. Of course, it took forever, so I ended up making the bed in the dark trying to be as quiet as possible b/c dd2 was asleep in our room.

Last night around 1 I got the temptation to let my oldest dog out again - but he'd been out for dinner at 11pm and he often barks that late at night . so I didnt

This morning I felt the telltale wet spot in my bed. ARGH! Stripped the whole bed AGAIN and washed everything. It delayed dd2's nap b/c the waterproof layer wasnt quite dry but, I did wait and we lay down for her nap.

She's having an asthma flare... but has been pretty good today so I didnt give her any albuteral.... of course, she had a coughing fit in her sleep and threw up.... on my clean sheets AGAIN. So, they're back in the wash.

and of course, I had picked today to wash dd1's pillow pet b/c she had a nosebleed on it. It was soaking in H202 so I had to continue with the project.

So, I've done 5 loads of laundry and none of it includes the clothes I was supposed to do today!

gatorsmom
07-06-2012, 06:40 PM
That's a LOT of laundry! And mattress pads and pillow pets take so long to dry. My sympathies. :gloomy:

crl
07-06-2012, 07:08 PM
Totally not fair.

Catherine

hellokitty
07-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Argh! I've had days almost exactly like that! I feel your pain.

specialp
07-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Now that's a bad laundry day!

sarahsthreads
07-06-2012, 10:04 PM
I so feel your pain. DD2 came into my room two nights ago at 5 am, told me her tummy felt "bad" and crawled into bed with me. An hour later...yeah.

Spent the day washing all my bedding. And then all the towels we used to try to contain the mess. Re-made the bed right before getting into it at 11 pm. Woke up at 2 am to DD2, in my bed, throwing up again. Really? My bed? Again?

So at 2 am I was once again washing sheets. And towels. And then at 3 am I said a prayer that my dryer wouldn't burn down the house while we slept and lay down on more towels on my unmade bed because the only spare sheets we have are flannel and it's HOT, and we don't have a spare mattress pad (waterproof or otherwise) for our bed anyway and I was afraid I'd wake up to DD2 being sick in my bed again.

Went to put her to bed tonight, and realized she had apparently gotten sick on her pillow pet sometime after the 2 am incident and I didn't realize it in my sleep deprived haze this morning. So guess what's in the washer right now?

If this kid doesn't make it through tonight without getting sick, I'm going to cry.

Sarah