PDA

View Full Version : Planet Box - new size!

ahisma
07-06-2012, 07:18 PM
It looks like they're coming out with a new (larger) size - the Rover. For those who have them already, would you get the original size or the larger size for a Kindergarten kid?

daphne
07-06-2012, 07:21 PM
Definitely the original, imo.

crl
07-06-2012, 07:23 PM
The original is plenty big, IMO. I could feed DH lunch in the original. Maybe the rover is for teenage boys?

Catherine

Kindra178
07-06-2012, 07:25 PM
When I saw your title, I was hoping for smaller, not larger.

cuca_
07-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Definitely the smaller. Anything larger would way too much food for a Kindergartner. My DD often does not have enough time to finish what I pack in the original size one.

BTW just saw the original at PBK and they have the cutest polka dot lunch bag. Unfortunately they do not sell it separately :(.

hillview
07-06-2012, 07:59 PM
the original holds
a sandwich with crusts cut off (Large bread -- would hold a regular size bread sandwich with crusts on)
1/4-1/3 cup of fruit
1/4-1/3 cup of goldfish
yogurt tube

HTH

infomama
07-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Original for sure

firstbaby
07-07-2012, 09:16 AM
I looked on their website today - I've been targeting ordering them in August and wanted to compare. I think the Rover is the "original" size and package and the Launch is a smaller size. I may be wrong, but the Rover has the original looking bag (to me) and the same compartments. The Launch package has different carrying bags, fewer magnet choices and different compartments. I may be wrong, but those are my observations. The Launch also did not include the big and little dipper but different "companion" containers.

crl
07-07-2012, 09:27 AM
Hmm, it looks to me like the rover is the original size planetbox and the launch is a new, bigger size. . . .

http://www.planetbox.com/shop/product-category/lunchboxes/launch

Catherine

ahisma
07-07-2012, 10:15 AM
Hmm, it looks to me like the rover is the original size planetbox and the launch is a new, bigger size. . . .

http://www.planetbox.com/shop/product-category/lunchboxes/launch

Catherine

You're right. I had read it on their site, then the site went down yesterday. Rover definitely looks like the original size.