PDA

View Full Version : I need some snack ideas

jess_g
07-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Now that its summer and we are home more I need some ideas for snacks a picky 8 year old will eat. He loves crackers and anything with cheese. Woud love some ideas of what your kids snack on during the day.

Jenn

rin
07-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Fruit (grapes, apple slices, orange segments, kiwi halves, peaches, apricots, etc)

Edamame

Tortillas w/cream cheese

plain Greek yogurt mixed w/fruit sauce (usually applesauce, sometimes pear or peach sauce)

smiles33
07-06-2012, 10:15 PM
We also do lots of fruit, plus plain Greek yogurt with granola, hummus and crackers, goldfish crackers, and sometimes just dry cereal (no milk). If we are on the go, I give Fiber One granola bars.

sarahsthreads
07-06-2012, 10:21 PM
fruit (bananas, mini apples, berries, grapes, clementines)
veggies (baby carrots, sugar snap peas, cherry tomatoes)
a mini bagel with cream cheese or peanut butter
string cheese
granola bars (for snacking in the car between errands, etc.)
pretzels, dry cereal or nuts (almonds or cashews) if they're in a crunchy mood
raisins (sometimes on celery spread with peanut butter for ants on a log)
yogurt, although I'm struggling on this one because they really like d'animals which are super sugary...for now I'm allowing these in moderation

We recently got an issue of family fun that shows a "Pita Rabbit" snack: mini pitas spread with hummus, with a piece of carrot for a nose, pretzel sticks for whiskers, and raisins for eyes and a mouth. One whole mini pita for a face, one halved to use as ears. DD2 *loves* this, and before now would not even consent to trying hummus.

Sarah :)

jenstring95
07-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Gogurt (or "squeezy yogurt", as it is known in our house), nuts, assorted crackers (with or w/o peanut butter), cheese stick, apple or other fruit, applesauce