PDA

View Full Version : Newsflash - 4th of July is over.

ahisma
07-07-2012, 01:32 AM
Here's how tonight went.

9:20 - tons of fireworks. Annoyed but ignored.
10:30 - again.
12:05 - LOUD fireworks. Woke the kids and the dog. Called the police (noise ordinance) and campus security (neighbors went to the college green down the street to do it)
1:25 - LOUD fireworks. Across the street. Kids and dog up. Again. Reported again.

How many times do I have to report these jerks before they stop? It's a family neighborhood, but this one house has renters that turn over like crazy. As much as I hate the fireworks round the clock, I'll deal early on. Past midnight = call to the police. Every.Single.Time.

The thing is - we have a super responsive police department. They come out every time. BUT...there's mass confusion over whether municipalities can enforce noise ordinances since the state opened the floodgates to fireworks. So, I have no idea if they're doing anything beyond showing up to talk to them.

If my teen teepees their yard, I'm NOT grounding her.:ROTFLMAO:

crl
07-07-2012, 09:33 AM
That's annoying as heck! We had some fireworks at about nine pm last night but not super loud and just a couple of short bursts.

Catherine

MamaSnoo
07-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Are we neighbors? Uggghhh....it is always way worse when the 4th is mid week. People seem to think they should keep the fireworks going all weekend after the actual holiday has passed.

Hope you have a quiet night tonight!