PDA

View Full Version : Family photos at the beach?

DietCokeLover
07-07-2012, 02:30 PM
This seems like a dumb question, but how do I go about finding a photographer to take family photos on the beach? We will be in Panama City in August and in just started thinking how nice it would be to get pictures taken.

I've never had pictures done except at Portrait Innovations or the like, so I am a total novice at this. What to look for? How much to expect to pay, etc.

LMPC
07-07-2012, 02:47 PM
My dad lives in that area (Seagrove Beach), and I'm pretty sure there are several local photographers who do photos at the beach. I would just google it and look at their portfolios. As you would imagine, there are a range of prices.

Have fun!

candaceb
07-07-2012, 03:09 PM
I am on Cape Cod right now and it seems like there are ads everywhere for beach photographers - the local newspaper, craigslist, signs in windows, etc.

crl
07-07-2012, 03:10 PM
I'd also check the groupon deals for that location. I find photographers that way pretty often, check out their gallery and then buy the deal. We have been pretty happy with the pictures and very happy with the prices (under $100, usually including rights to a few digital images plus sometimes a print or two).

Catherine

DietCokeLover
07-07-2012, 03:34 PM
I'd also check the groupon deals for that location. I find photographers that way pretty often, check out their gallery and then buy the deal. We have been pretty happy with the pictures and very happy with the prices (under $100, usually including rights to a few digital images plus sometimes a print or two).

Catherine

Great suggestion! Thank you.

k_null81
07-07-2012, 04:09 PM
We are going to Orlando in September and plan on spending the night at a beach one night while we're down that way and I just started googling photographers in the possible beaches we might visit. I have found a couple possibilities. Just need to decide if we are going to go over to St. Pete area or hit Destin area on our drive home. Good luck! I have been wanting beach pictures for a long time...just don't make it south often enough.