PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a double side by side recommendation

annaelise
07-07-2012, 08:38 PM
I need a double stroller for neighborhood walks and errands for my 21 month old and newborn. I need it to be relatively compact to fit in my tiny trunk. I do not want all terrain. I was looking at the bjcmd and nicer umbrella doubles like maclarens. Looking to se if there's anything else I should consider in the under 400 price range. I don't like the type with like a little added jump seat I think I want a s b s. thanks!!

Kaylee31
07-07-2012, 10:15 PM
The Britax B-agile double. It's similar to the BJCMD but is cheaper & has adjustable legrests & handlebar, which are major pluses IMO.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8jM07kLgpo
http://www.amazon.com/Britax-B-Agile-Double-Stroller-Black/dp/B007UKIKYQ

smiles33
07-07-2012, 10:22 PM
I've never used the B-Agile, but I loved my 2011 BJCMD and you may be able to find one on Craigslist for under $300. I sold it a few months after our Disneyland trip (when my DD1 was already 5!) but I still miss it sometimes!

AnnieW625
07-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Our Bob Revolution duallie fit in the trunk of our 01 Corolla. I might look at something with a flat fold like the BJCM. I sold my Duallie for $425, so not too much over $400, but even at the $525 I paid for it new that stroller was worth it.

You might look on Craigslist for a Mountain Buggy Duo or Duet, although the second is probably too new to be found on CL.

annaelise
07-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Any ideas on a good double umbrella that's good for tall people? I am really not looking for a bob or mountain buggy - way too big. Otherwise maybe I need to decide between the b agile double or city mini douvle

crl
07-09-2012, 09:45 PM
I think the design of a double umbrella is fundamentally flawed because you will end up kicking the middle wheel. I'd go with the BJCM or B-Agile over a double umbrella.

Catherine

ETA. I'm not sure the Mountain Buggy Duet is really any bigger than a BJCM double. And I love air tires. Just FYI.

blueperidot
07-10-2012, 10:16 AM
The duet is the size of a larger single. I know you are not looking for all terrain but it is really impressive in size and push.

annaelise
07-10-2012, 11:39 AM
thanks for the advice...anyone have pics of the mountain buggy duet folded up? I tried out a graco double umbrella today and I liked it except it had a cheap feeling especially the canopies...I loved how small it folded and the push was really nice!

legaleagle
07-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Here's a review with tons of pics: http://www.bestbuggy.co.uk/category/twins/mountain-buggy-duet/ (click on the green "reviews & information" button at the top). The fold is flat but long (so measure your trunk carefully if you can't find one to try in person).

I think the duet would be a great choice for you, maybe also look at the valco zee double. It's list is $529 but it's pretty easy to find it for 20% off. You can/will be able to get rear air tires for it as well.

hapimommy
07-10-2012, 01:34 PM
I do not think you will find a duet for under 400 though, how closely do you have to adhere to that budget?

roseyloxs
07-11-2012, 10:43 AM
I think the duet would be a great choice for you, maybe also look at the valco zee double. It's list is $529 but it's pretty easy to find it for 20% off. You can/will be able to get rear air tires for it as well.

:yeahthat: Oooh I like the zee recommendation. The reviews have been looking very good for that one. They are definitely giving BJCMD some good competition (and its about time, right?).

AnnieW625
07-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Any ideas on a good double umbrella that's good for tall people? I am really not looking for a bob or mountain buggy - way too big. Otherwise maybe I need to decide between the b agile double or city mini douvle

My tall friend 5'10" was super happy with her Maclaren XT Double. I too think that a BJCMD might fit the bill as well. I am not familiar with the Valco Zee.