PDA

View Full Version : p & pt please - made an offer on a house! update post 23

wifecat
07-08-2012, 11:35 AM
If you have a moment, could you send some prayers and positive thoughts our way? We just made an offer on a house and we're really nervous! I'm hoping it will all work out (though I know there are other houses if this doesn't work...).

Thank you!

larig
07-08-2012, 11:37 AM
mojo mojo mojo and pts.

crl
07-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Oh good luck!!!

Catherine

vludmilla
07-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Good luck! PT!

WatchingThemGrow
07-08-2012, 02:29 PM
hope it works out for you if it is meant to be! (lucky you there are others to choose from!!! our inventory is way small!) Let us know how it works out!

wifecat
07-08-2012, 03:36 PM
hope it works out for you if it is meant to be! (lucky you there are others to choose from!!! our inventory is way small!) Let us know how it works out!

(I'm just trying to be positive. Our inventory is way low, too, and there are exactly zero other houses currently on the market that I even want to see...)

SkyrMommy
07-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Best of luck! I hope you get some good news soon.

elektra
07-08-2012, 03:56 PM
So nervewracking! Good luck. :)

wifecat
07-08-2012, 06:10 PM
This is so anxiety-causing! They have until tomorrow at 5pm to respond to our offer. I'm a wreck of nerves.

indigo99
07-08-2012, 06:42 PM
BTDT and feel for you. We are trying to sell a house now, and I don't think our realtor wants to get back to anyone quickly. Maybe that makes the buyer want it more or something. I dunno, but it took her a day to even tell us we had an offer and another day to send me the financial breakdown with fees that she'd promised. She ended up signing it back to them after it had expired (with a provision to extend it). I wonder if she blamed it on "the sellers" when it was really her fault.

MMMommy
07-08-2012, 06:44 PM
Good luck!

wencit
07-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Crossing my fingers for you!

wifecat
07-08-2012, 07:58 PM
BTDT and feel for you. We are trying to sell a house now, and I don't think our realtor wants to get back to anyone quickly. Maybe that makes the buyer want it more or something. I dunno, but it took her a day to even tell us we had an offer and another day to send me the financial breakdown with fees that she'd promised. She ended up signing it back to them after it had expired (with a provision to extend it). I wonder if she blamed it on "the sellers" when it was really her fault.

We had the same thing happen when we were selling our house last fall! I hate all of these games, and I totally feel for the owners of the house we put an offer on. The house has been on the market for a long time and they have two little kids. I was so stressed trying to keep our house spotless when we were selling, and our house sold in 30 days. I can't imagine how stressed out this mama is. Part of me wishes for some old-fashioned, sit down at a table, figure out if we can work out a deal, and if not, move on. I think I kind of hate realtors.

jgenie
07-08-2012, 09:03 PM
P & PT headed your way!!

wifecat
07-09-2012, 10:33 AM
We still haven't heard anything. I have no idea if this is good, or bad, or something else entirely. Our offer expires at 5pm tonight, though I guess that expiration doesn't mean much either!

Pins and needles, pins and needles...

vonfirmath
07-09-2012, 12:08 PM
We still haven't heard anything. I have no idea if this is good, or bad, or something else entirely. Our offer expires at 5pm tonight, though I guess that expiration doesn't mean much either!

Pins and needles, pins and needles...

When we put our offer in, the other realtor got back to us right away to say she'd try to make our deadline, but it might be a bit late because the seller was in Singapore and on vacation in Thailand... I thought it was just excuses. But turns out he IS on long term work assignment in Singapore. And from what I hear here we had excellent communication both with our realtor and with the seller's realtor!

(We had a 5p deadline and got our response between 5:30 and 6p. Since she'd warned us it might be late, this was not distressing)

wifecat
07-09-2012, 11:22 PM
They countered our offer and then I found out this afternoon we'd for sure need to replace the roof. I got a (rough) estimate of about $10,000. We're countering their counter (is there a word for that?) tomorrow morning and we'll see what happens.

lmwbasye
07-10-2012, 12:10 AM
Fingers crossed!

brittone2
07-10-2012, 07:25 AM
Best of luck working out the counter. Let us know how it goes.

TwoBees
07-10-2012, 08:22 AM
Sending lots of P&PT!

MamaMolly
07-10-2012, 08:23 AM
I hope it works out for you! :)

wifecat
07-10-2012, 04:28 PM
We put in our final counter-offer this afternoon. This is it. The real, "Is this going to work out?" moment (or gazillion moments, given that they have until noon tomorrow to respond). Oy! My stomach has been tied in knots for days.

wifecat
07-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Thank you all for the p & pt! BBB mojo may be at work again! The sellers have tentatively accepted our offer and we should have that in writing tomorrow. Hopefully we'll have a smooth transaction/inspection/etc!

WatchingThemGrow
07-10-2012, 10:58 PM
woo hooo!!!! congratulations! Hope the next few weeks go smoothly!

gatorsmom
07-10-2012, 11:04 PM
Thank you all for the p & pt! BBB mojo may be at work again! The sellers have tentatively accepted our offer and we should have that in writing tomorrow. Hopefully we'll have a smooth transaction/inspection/etc!

Woohoo! :boogie: Saying some prayers the inspection goes well!

hellokitty
07-10-2012, 11:17 PM
Yay! Hoping everything goes smoothly.

KpbS
07-10-2012, 11:29 PM
Hope you get the house!

kozachka
07-11-2012, 03:06 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed all goes well with inspection and closing.

TwinFoxes
07-11-2012, 06:27 AM
How exciting! Mojo that things keep going smoothly. :)

MMMommy
07-11-2012, 10:36 AM
Great news!:bighand:

wifecat
07-11-2012, 09:44 PM
I think my head might explode. I don't remember the loan process being this headache-inducing (probably because when we bought our first house they wanted to give tons of money to anyone who had a last name and was willing to sign on a line.)

twowhat?
07-11-2012, 10:12 PM
I think my head might explode. I don't remember the loan process being this headache-inducing (probably because when we bought our first house they wanted to give tons of money to anyone who had a last name and was willing to sign on a line.)

Hang in there! When we sold our house our closing date got pushed back a whole week because of all the extra paper-pushing the buyers had to do (and yes - they were freaking out). I sure hope that doesn't happen to you but if it does, just know that it's not uncommon...banks are being extra extra careful these days...