PDA

View Full Version : The school supplies are out at Target

katydid1971
07-08-2012, 05:56 PM
:yay:I always get so excited about this. Today they have fiskar scissors for $1.50. I also picked up a couple notebooks for $.17. Still waiting for good deals on the markers etc.

elliput
07-08-2012, 06:15 PM
School supplies out here also. Summer vacation hit the half-way point on the 4th, so we are on the down-hill slide now. I've even marked school enrollment days on my calendar. :bag

KpbS
07-08-2012, 06:48 PM
I listed some of the Target weekly sale items in the BTS sticky in the bargain forum. Classic Crayola markers and colored pencils $1 this week. YMMV based on regional sales though.

lalasmama
07-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Wal-mart has their stuff out too.... So I bought all 12 of DD's glue sticks ($.10 each), her crayons (24pk for $.50--I know I could do better, but oh well, it's done), and a 10-pack of markers for $1. For some reason, I really expected the sales to start today, but looking through the ads, there wasn't a lot yet!

Now, just to get the supply list for this upcoming year!

carolinamama
07-08-2012, 07:03 PM
DS1 starts 1st grade TOMORROW!!! Yay for year-round school! Anyway, thank goodness all the supplies are out so I could fill his supply list.

Now I need to go look for things we need in our house.

ellies mom
07-08-2012, 07:05 PM
I am so excited that DD1 didn't need glue sticks this year. They are my nemesis product even more so than the 16 count crayon box (which we also didn't need).

Target had their stuff out but I didn't notice spectacular sales yet. A local grocery store had really good prices on a couple of things last week so I picked those up. We are only going into our third week of summer break though, so I've got time.

katydid1971
07-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Now, just to get the supply list for this upcoming year!
Thanks for the heads up about Walmart, I'll have to head over there tomorrow.

I found DS's supply list on his school's website.

endlessheather
07-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Seems so early but then again we just got out of school mid-June and won't go back until September. I was just telling DH that I need to watch sales already and he looked at me all odd and complained that school just got out.

Simon
07-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Seems so early but then again we just got out of school mid-June and won't go back until September. I was just telling DH that I need to watch sales already and he looked at me all odd and complained that school just got out.

:yeahthat: We have almost 2 full months left until school starts.

I learned my lesson, though. Waited too long last year and the good deals were all over by the time I found our list and hit the stores.

malphy
07-08-2012, 09:22 PM
I was just going to post about this subject!!!! I am so excited for dd to start monster, "real" school.

I am looking for best price for marble composition books.

Staples has 3pk big pink erasers for $.50, is that good?

I am such a geek......

o_mom
07-08-2012, 10:35 PM
I was just going to post about this subject!!!! I am so excited for dd to start monster, "real" school.

I am looking for best price for marble composition books.

Staples has 3pk big pink erasers for $.50, is that good?

I am such a geek......

Last year I paid $0.40 ea for composition books - that was the 'regular' price at Target/Walmart, so I would shoot for that. Erasers were $0.15 each, so the Target 3pk is not bad... might put that on my list for the week.