PDA

View Full Version : Go-Go Babyz Kidz Travelmate?? Worth the Money?

lks
07-08-2012, 11:26 PM
I am traveling alone with my 2.5 yr old DS in a few weeks and I will be 18 weeks pregnant. He is so good on the plane with his car seat and want to bring it, but I don't think I can lug it around the airport during before our flight and during our layover with my other stuff.

Has anyone used the Gogo Kidz Travelmate with wheels for their car seat? We have the Britax Marathon 70. Is this easy to use? Would you recommend????

THANKS!

lizzywednesday
07-09-2012, 02:07 PM
This was our "big" purchase before last year's (annual) trip to the ILs' house in AZ because I don't like to fly without a way to contain our 2 yr old DD.

We also used it with a Britax (Boulevard70) and I have to say the only drawback was not having practiced using it before we left.

So, yes, get it, but definitely practice getting the seat in and snugged in tightly before you go. (The seat-release is the easy part.)

BabbyO
08-16-2012, 01:01 PM
This was our "big" purchase before last year's (annual) trip to the ILs' house in AZ because I don't like to fly without a way to contain our 2 yr old DD.

We also used it with a Britax (Boulevard70) and I have to say the only drawback was not having practiced using it before we left.

So, yes, get it, but definitely practice getting the seat in and snugged in tightly before you go. (The seat-release is the easy part.)

Thanks for the tip. We're leaving for the Bahamas soon, so I'll be trying it out.

OP - If you don't want to spend the $$ for a new one, check CL. I was able to find 2 on CL. One was the older version, the other was the new version. I got mine for $30-35. I don't recall. It was more than the person was asking, but she didn't really live near me so I offered more and asked if she'd ship it.

Beth24
08-17-2012, 12:48 AM
I just got a Camel Camel Camel notification that Amazon has it for less than $65.

peanut520
08-21-2012, 12:31 PM
we've used ours with a roundabout, coccoro, and scenera and they all have worked well. dd is 3.5 with more than a dozen flights we usually check her maestero if we need it at the destination and bring her ergo to get around the airport quickly but that probably not the best idea while pregnant.