PDA

View Full Version : Doll recommendation for young child?

ExcitedMamma
07-09-2012, 01:15 PM
I had posted in the lounge about getting DS a doll to help prepare him for the arrival of his baby sister and the consensus seems to be to give it a try. DS has no familiarity with babies or dolls and I have no idea what's in the doll aisle. Any recommendations on what would be a good doll for DS to help prepare him for the new baby? At the same time if this idea is a dud, or even to add to the longevity of the purchase if its a good idea, I want something that DD can play with when she's older. Thank you!

acmom
07-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Corolle has a Calin doll that is dressed in a blue striped outfit. Both my DD and DS have one. It was DD's big sister present when DS arrived and then as DS got older, he really liked it and would always grab it, so he got his own.

They are a nice size/weight and hold up well. We have had our original Calin (a girl version that my DD got when she was 1) for almost 3 years now. It still looks good and she still plays with both of them (boy and girl versions) every day!

AnnieW625
07-09-2012, 01:34 PM
DD2 has a Corolle Calin. After much debate I chose that one over Bitty Baby, although DD2 does quite well with her sister's Bitty Twin, but I think for a boy you'd have better luck with Corolle finding a more boyish looking doll.

newg
07-09-2012, 02:00 PM
My DDs both have a Calin doll as well. They are 12'', and have a wonderful smell! DD1 has had hers for almost 2yrs. (DD2 gave it to her at the hospital) now and it looks brand new. They have one dressed in blue as PP mentioned. They are also very life-like and a good weight, like pp mentioned.

You can find them at Buy Buy Baby, specialty toy stores and online. They're around $30.