PDA

View Full Version : Gift for 1 yr old from Grandparents

Philly Mom
07-09-2012, 02:40 PM
My DD is turning 1 in less than a month. My in-laws asked what to get and I gave them some suggestions in their price range and they are getting DD a ride on toy that I can also push. My parents will spend more money but I would like it to be worthwhile. I have been "saving" gifts from them because they will eventually buy us our swing set but that is still almost a year away. I was thinking of a gift less than $250 for this year. Perhaps a play kitchen. Any other ideas? If a play kitchen, which one to get? From going through past posts, I think people recommend the Kidcraft. Is there a particular model that is better than the others? When DN turned 2, they bought her a trip trapp. DD already sits at the table in a FP space saver. Is the trip trapp a good present instead of the kitchen? Any ideas are much appreciated. TIA

♥ms.pacman♥
07-09-2012, 03:05 PM
for Christmas (2 weeks before DS' birthday) my ILs got him a FP Learning Home. That was a big hit. Now DD plays with it a ton. FOr DD"s first birthday, the ILs got her a set of Bitty Twins.

A Tripp Trapp is a good gift too. Both of mine are in TTs and i wish i had gotten them sooner.

HonoluluMom
07-09-2012, 03:37 PM
A play kitchen is a great gift.

Given the amount, I'd also consider memberships to the zoo, aquarium, etc. or perhaps classes.

acmom
07-09-2012, 03:37 PM
I think a play kitchen would be great! We have a nice wood one from Land of Nod that we keep in our kitchen. My parents got the 1st piece for DD for Christmas when she was a little over 1 and the 2nd piece for her 2nd bday (it has a sink/stove/oven and a separate fridge). The Kidcraft ones look very nice too. DD (3.5) and/or DS (2) have used it everyday for the past 2+ years.

Our little table and chairs is another item that was more expensive, but has gotten daily use from both kids over the past 2 years. We have a wood PBK set that keep in our kitchen/family room area. The kids use it to set up play food stuff from the play kitchen, and also for snacks, crafts, puzzles, etc.

candaceb
07-09-2012, 05:53 PM
Another idea would be a little tikes/step 2 climber with a slide.

acmom
07-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Another idea would be a little tikes/step 2 climber with a slide.

:yeahthat: That's another good one. Ours got a lot of outdoor and indoor use (in the basement playroom for the winter).

Philly Mom
07-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Thanks everyone. I will look into the slide. We have a big completed basement so lots of room for activities during bad weather.

Seitvonzu
07-09-2012, 09:27 PM
my daughter's play kitchen was from novanatural.com-- she has the elves and angels sylvie kitchen and the also the refrigerator.my ILs got her both -- one for christmas and one for her 2nd birthday (these occasions are two days apart ;), they come earlier in the late fall and celebrate both in the same weekend)

hillview
07-10-2012, 10:22 AM
play kitchen, train table, tripp trap. You will get the most YEARS of use out of the tripp trap (my almost 7 year old is still in his).