PDA

View Full Version : did Lands End redesign their climber pants?

jess_g
07-09-2012, 09:40 PM
I just saw their early back to school catalog and I did not see their regular climber pants. Does anyone know if they will still have their regular climber pants along. with their new ones? I was just going to try them with my son this year.

Jenn

WatchingThemGrow
07-09-2012, 09:48 PM
Yes, it looks like it! I think the Iron knee climbers are the closest thing to the old ones. The waist is 3/4 elastic. I was a little scared of them, so I ordered 4 pairs of the old ones for $20 each in 5 slim.

Mikey0709
07-10-2012, 10:33 AM
Oh no! I depend on these.... in fact I just bought 4 pair at the sears store last week... they were on clearance for $15.99 minus 20% off - which is an EXCELLENT bargain. These are the only thing that survive my boys and are EASY (no buttons, zippers, etc). I think we own 20 pair of climber pants.... and always wait for a sale.

elbenn
07-10-2012, 10:49 AM
I may order a couple from the sale section. Are there any coupon codes out? Also, does anyone have the denim ones? Are they as nice as the twill pants?

Gena
07-10-2012, 10:59 AM
I noticed this in the catalog last night and I am very disappointed! DS has fine motor delays and has difficulty with buttons & flys. We love the old climber pants because he can be independent with them and they look nice. All his other no-fly pants are athletic pants. I'm really upset that these will no longer be an option for DS and other kids like him.

I recently ordered a bunch from the sale pages in the size he is growing into (they never seem to carry the slims in the stores near us). They're big on him right now, so hopefully they will last him for a while.

crl
07-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Shoot. Well, now do I go ahead and order off the sale page or wait for a code and risk them being gone? We just bought ds size 10 slims a couple of months ago, but he's already grown some and another inch and we'll need the 12s.

Catherine

Kindra178
07-10-2012, 11:17 AM
This is frustrating. The new version has buttons and snaps? I guess I will be ordering some 7s and 5s . . .

We have one pair of the jeans and they are nice.

ETA:

I just ordered. There does not appear to be a lot of colors left, so for those on the fence on ordering, I would go ahead. I just two pairs of 7s and one pair of 5s in tan, as well as jeans in 4s and 4.

ett
07-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Oh no! DS1 has some fine motor delays and the LE climbers are staples here. Guess I better see what I can stock up on now.

lmh2402
07-10-2012, 11:24 AM
yikes! going to order from sale page now - DS cannot do buttons, etc. these pants have totally been our go-to. we get the denim as well as the twill.

bummer that they are doing away with them.

vonfirmath
07-10-2012, 12:51 PM
PLEASE send in comments. It sounds like this is a redesign "For this seasoN" -- we could get the other back if enough complain!

elbenn
07-10-2012, 12:53 PM
I went ahead and placed an order. If you have discover rewards, you can get an ecertificate through them.

Gena
07-19-2012, 12:12 PM
They must have gotten a lot of complaints. I just had an on-line chat with customer service & was told that a new redesigned climber with a full elastic waist (no built in belt) will be out in mid-August. Yea!!!

larig
07-19-2012, 12:29 PM
They must have gotten a lot of complaints. I just had an on-line chat with customer service & was told that a new redesigned climber with a full elastic waist (no built in belt) will be out in mid-August. Yea!!!

:yay: :bighand: :jammin: :cheerleader1: