PDA

View Full Version : If your DC was sleeping in the rock n play at night

urbanmommy
07-10-2012, 10:25 AM
when did you move him or her to a crib and was it a difficult transition?

DD2 has been sleeping in the rock n play next to my bed since we brought her home from the hospital and she'd been sleeping practically through the night or straight through since about 5 weeks. Now she's started waking every 3 hours to feed (could be 3 month growth spurt) and I feel like it might have something to do with the rock n play and/or being next to me. Maybe we're waking each other up?

I'm thinking it may be time to move her to her nursery though I wasn't planning to do so until 6 months. The other option would be to put her in a pack n play in our bedroom.

Thoughts?

flashy09
07-13-2012, 02:22 PM
I was completely in your situation. My baby slept 9 hrs straight from 6 weeks to 4 months in her Rock N Play right next to my bed. Then she started getting up much, much more. Around 5 months I thought it might be the Rock N Play and worried that it was too confining so I put her in the Pack N Play - still next to my bed. No difference. Finally at 6 3/4 months I put her in the nursery in her crib and she has slept 7pm - 7am every single night. I really think it was being next to me that was the problem. She breastfeeds and it was just too tempting....she would never, ever put herself back to sleep because she would see or sense me and immediately think of a snack and a cuddle and whimper until she came out. In the nursery I see her wakeup, look around, and go back to sleep.

I have a monitor and the first few nights checked it about 100 times, but now I am pretty relaxed and it's amazing to wake up refreshed!

So for me, it was the nursery that worked.