PDA

View Full Version : This morning sucked!

arivecchi
07-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Oh man. I need a glass of wine already and it's only 9:30 CT.

For starters, DS2 had an awful night last night. Went to bed late, woke up a bunch and then woke up early. He was a bear this morning, but we were doing ok until breakfast - when all hell broke loose. (DH normally handles one of the kids at bedtime as well as the morning routine but he is working around the clock these days and we won't see him until later this week.)

DS2 was whining then crying (probably because he was tired) and we HAD to leave in 20 minutes so I could drop them off at daycare and then catch my train to downtown. So he proceeds to ask for 5 different kinds of cereal, does not eat anything and then throws all the cereal on the floor. :angry-smiley-005: So I picked him up and tried to put his shoes on because we had to leave and he kicks me in the face. :angry-smiley-005::angry-smiley-005: So I lost it and yelled and he cried. :(

So I took some cereal for him to eat in the car and then, of course, he could not get out of the car at daycare because he was not done eating his cereal. I get him out of the car and then he is hugging me and asking for kisses at daycare. He did not want me to go and had such a sad face when I left. UGH. I have never felt guilty about working until today.

I really dislike the morning craziness and miss our nanny. Things were so much easier when we did not have to rush the boys in the morning and leave them at daycare. Someone please tell me this insanity will get better soon because if not, I may have to bail on this whole daycare arrangement.

Ok. Rant over.

TwinFoxes
07-10-2012, 10:51 AM
:54: I'm so sorry. If I got kicked in the face I'm pretty sure I'd yell too. :( I'm sure he's forgotten all about it and is playing and having fun, try not to worry too much. :hug:

chottumommy
07-10-2012, 10:51 AM
It does get better in terms of you figuring out how to get them out of the door sooner. But there will always be days when they are in no hurry and you have that important meeting to get to.

Our compromise has been to have our nanny come in 2 hours everyday in the morning 8:30-10:30 so she can get the kids ready for daycare and drop them off. DH would pick them up and I would home and get dinner started before he comes back with the kids.

This is the plan starting fall when DS2 will also head to daycare. DH travels a lot and I can't handle the morning drop and pickup and the bedtime routine without any help. I also work atleast an hour later at night after they sleep.

I figure this is training for when they start kindergarden because its just going to get crazier as they get older.

arivecchi
07-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Our compromise has been to have our nanny come in 2 hours everyday in the morning 8:30-10:30 so she can get the kids ready for daycare and drop them off. DH would pick them up and I would home and get dinner started before he comes back with the kids. I may have to do this or have the sitter do pick-ups in the fall when the kids will be at two different locations and I will only have a 1/2 to pick both up.

arivecchi
07-10-2012, 11:45 AM
:54: I'm so sorry. If I got kicked in the face I'm pretty sure I'd yell too. :( I'm sure he's forgotten all about it and is playing and having fun, try not to worry too much. :hug:Thanks. I did call and he is just fine. I still have his sad little face in my mind though. Hard to get rid of that image.

Beth24
07-10-2012, 12:18 PM
I a sorry A. That sucks. I think he is still going through an adjustment to day care. And fact of the matter is sometimes mornings go smoothly and sometimes they don't. Please don't beat yourself up about it. He will greet you at pick up with a huge smile and hug and the morning will be a distant memory. :hug:

BabyBearsMom
07-10-2012, 12:23 PM
I'm sorry. I hope you can grab a cocktail at lunch ;) It does get better though. We are dealing with the same thing with DD1 at her new preschool, the whimpering and hugs and kisses etc. But at her old daycare she would run in the door and just yell "bye!" and some days she wouldn't even want to give a hug and kiss goodbye because she was too busy playing. Once they get used to daycare and make friends and fall in love with their teachers it gets much easier.

Getting out the door in the morning...well that isn't easy. I try to limit DD1's choices to two options. We also have the daycare serve her breakfast which really takes a lot of work off of us. But we still have her stalling and running around like a maniac. I chock it up to the age.

arivecchi
07-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the support ladies. I think I am adjusting to this new set-up too. I really miss our nanny and she made mornings so much easier!

cvanbrunt
07-10-2012, 01:09 PM
Dude. He kicked you in the face. It's pretty hard not to yell in that situation. Mornings are the worst. Never let them see that you are in a hurry; that is the universal kid cue to slow down and be the biggest PITA possible. On days I have to be somewhere quickly, I just start the whole morning process early.

larig
07-10-2012, 01:11 PM
not fun, girl! Sorry about your rotten morning

mommylamb
07-10-2012, 01:14 PM
Getting more than one kid ready and out the door on your own is really hard. Thankfully, you don't have to do it all the time! I so would have yelled if DS1 had kicked me in the face. It's ok to yell some of the time. I know you try your best not to, but that's an understandable exception IMO.

On the days when DH is working in the city, it is a mad rush getting out of the house for us. We do have to start earlier, but DS1 really resists it. I am so lucky that DH works from home now most days. I usually get DS2 ready and do his drop off, but DH does everything with DS1.

arivecchi
07-11-2012, 11:03 AM
Well, DS2 survived and he gave me a great big hug when I picked him up. :) Thankfully, today was a much better morning! Even caught an earlier train!

Beth24
07-12-2012, 12:09 AM
Well, DS2 survived and he gave me a great big hug when I picked him up. :) Thankfully, today was a much better morning! Even caught an earlier train!

I am very happy to hear that!

elektra
07-12-2012, 12:16 AM
Only now just seeing this A! I am so sorry! But happy to hear DS2 came around by pick up. It is so hard to do it all yourself, and I can't even imagine the morning craziness on a daily basis. I hope it gets easier! I had my own guilty episode after DD melted down as I was leaving for a work trip, so I can relate to a degree. Hugs!

MontrealMum
07-12-2012, 03:15 AM
I'm sorry that I didn't see this before! You never know what the kids will throw at you in the morning and when you don't have any wiggle room...well, you can bet that it will be a doozy! I'm so sorry :( I'm glad to hear that DS2 was happier upon pickup and I hope that you've recovered as well :hug: We have days like that here too. They suck. We get through them...somehow. I can't imagine juggling all that with two little guys!

scriptkitten
07-12-2012, 06:55 AM
*hugs* *shots*

twowhat?
07-12-2012, 10:24 AM
No advice but totally feel your pain...when you HAVE to get to that meeting, sometimes it means physically wrangling into car seats and then tossing crying, screaming kids off at daycare and that just TOTALLY SUCKS. I've had many mornings when I got to my desk at work in the nick of time for a meeting, did the meeting, then cried in my office.

arivecchi
07-12-2012, 10:31 AM
Had an ok morning today too! It definitely helps when both DH and I are around. For some reason, they become all whiney and babyish when they are just with me. twowhat, I can so relate to what you are saying. That is how I felt that day. I was just a complete and utter mess, but it's Thursday - week is almost over! :jammin:

arivecchi
07-12-2012, 10:31 AM
*hugs* *shots*:rotflmao:

mommylamb
07-12-2012, 10:53 AM
So glad today was better. :hug5:

liz
07-12-2012, 11:56 AM
Had an ok morning today too! It definitely helps when both DH and I are around. For some reason, they become all whiney and babyish when they are just with me. twowhat, I can so relate to what you are saying. That is how I felt that day. I was just a complete and utter mess, but it's Thursday - week is almost over! :jammin:

I am glad today was better for you all :)

TxCat
07-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Just saw this now, but I'm so sorry about the crummy start to your week. At least the last couple of days have been easier. Definitely count me in the camp of barely making it through the necessary functions at work, and then crying alone in the bathroom or something. Every so often DD will pull a hysterical "Mommy!!!" cry in the mornings that makes me feel wretched for leaving the house.

Hopefully the morning routine keeps getting smoother. And hey, tomorrow's Friday.