PDA

View Full Version : Question for B-Ready Owners

new_mom_mry
07-10-2012, 10:43 AM
I sold our Indie last night. It was bittersweet, but at the same time felt good. I ordered the 2012 B-Ready in Navy. Now suddenly I am getting all nervous about whether or not I will like it. It will be used as a single for the time being. We also have a BJCM. We are talking about baby # 2, but we are still only in the talking stage :) Will I like the B-Ready as a single?? Will DS be able to comfortably nap in it? Because of the adjustable footrest, he could always sleep really well in the Indie for his naps. I don't think he is as comfortable napping in the BJCM because the footrest isn't adjustable, but of course he can fall asleep in it. I also liked that the Indie's seat was really wide, hence there was a lot of room for him to roll around while sleeping, which he loves to do. Finally, is B-Ready footprint as a single overly excessive or will I be able to take it to local museums (where we go on foot from our house, for example). Anyhow, thanks in advance for your input!

indigo99
07-10-2012, 12:25 PM
As a double, I like it, but I wouldn't recommend the b-ready as a single. DS1 hasn't been wanting to use the stroller lately so I'm basically only using ours for DS2. The footprint when strolling around isn't that big for a double, but it is when compared to a single.

It's awkward and heavy to put in/out of the car. It also takes up most of the back of our CRV because the fold isn't compact. Stick the extra seat in there with it, and there's no room left for much else. (I'm comparing it to the Maclaren techno XLR that I have which is heavy for a Mac but still lighter, smaller, and easier to use than the b-ready.)

It seems like Britax is doing this event every year so I'd return it and wait until you actually need a double to buy one.

new_mom_mry
07-10-2012, 12:58 PM
For clarification, we are not planning to use it for car trips. Only for neighborhood walks. We can walk to the beach, downtown, museums, park, etc. from our house. It sounds like it still might be too bulky though as a single....what do the others think?

PearlsMom
07-10-2012, 01:05 PM
I don't think it's too bulky for what you mentioned -- the push is great, which I think would make more of a difference in those situations. And the storage on it is great for outings. I'd compare it to using a Vista as a single, which lots of people do. My kid isn't a big stroller sleeper, but the adjustable footrest on the B-Ready looks a lot more comfortable for naps than a BJCM. OTOH, you never know what amazing new stroller/innovation might be out there by the time you move from talking to actually birthing #2, so you might want to just save your money for the next big thing in doubles.

Kaylee31
07-10-2012, 01:41 PM
I've had both at different times (bought the B-ready but returned it to get a Vista) but the B-ready is definitely bigger and heavier than the Indie. It has a taller seat, but it is not as wide as the Indie's and the footrest is shorter. But the B-ready seat is much higher off the ground which is nice. Your DS may or may not love the bucket-type seat if he's used to the BJCM & Indie. But I think the B-ready is comfortable for kids and easy to push and the reversible seat is great. It's big, but manageable, especially if you're not putting it in the car all the time. I would wait until you check it out in person to see if it will work for you.

BabyBearsMom
07-10-2012, 01:47 PM
I use my B-Ready as a double and it wouldn't be my choice as a single. I prefer my BJCM or the Volo as a single for the smaller foot print and light weight usage. But, a lot of people use the Vista as a single and I don't think that the B-Ready feels much larger than a Vista. I did find it cumbersome for the mall when I am trying to squeeze in smaller stores between racks etc.

As for sleeping, the seat is a fixed shape so if your DS was napping her would be kind of a c-shape. The seat is very wide so he has space, but I don't think you can really role back and forth in it. My DD1 doesn't nap in strollers and DD2 is so young she can fall asleep anywhere, so I don't have any experience with it.

I would wait on buying a double until I actually needed a double personally. You never know what new thing will be out when the time comes for #2.

new_mom_mry
07-10-2012, 02:02 PM
I would wait on buying a double until I actually needed a double personally. You never know what new thing will be out when the time comes for #2.

I generally agree with this point, however, I really would like something with air tires or quasi-air tires to complement our BJCM. I don't want to get a single because we are planning to have # 2 within a year from now (can't predict these things of course; just judging the timeline based on our timeline with DS after deciding that we wanted a baby). If I got a single now to complement the BJCM, then I would still need a double when the new baby would arrive. The B-Ready will be just awesome for all of our neighborhood activities when we have two kiddos. Maybe there is some other alternative that I just don't see?!

NCGrandma
07-10-2012, 03:09 PM
This is helpful info to me. I bought a B-Ready + Chaperone combo during the Spring 2011 event (several months before DGD2 was born). My family has liked the B-Ready for some kinds of outings where the large basket and/or the ability to pop the Chaperone on and off are useful. However, it's been heavy enough and wide enough that it hasn't been desirable for lots of uses. (It's too wide for outlet store aisles!) I was a bit surprised at their negative reactions, given all the B-Ready love here, but this discussion gives me some perspective on it as a single.

I think they're going to sell the B-Ready soon when DGD2 switches from the Chaperone to the Blvd in both cars, and I told them that hopefully the (green!) B-Ready would be quite saleable. It's in great shape -- any ideas about how much to ask?

ji0005
07-10-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm curious to keep seeing opinions. We are expecting our DS on November 1st. I got swept up in the free ride event and got the B-ready and B-safe. We live in the Chicago, so I think the B-ready will be a good option once it warms up and we want to get out of the house, but I should probably be looking for a more portable option for quick errands.