PDA

View Full Version : When do toys go out of stock?

ExcitedMamma
07-10-2012, 12:34 PM
DS hasn't seen Cars 2 but loves the little cars that DH has been buying him. We have the Disney Storybook Collection with the story about Mater and Lightning going tractor tippin. DS loves that story and talks about it and reenacts it with his cars so I went online to see about getting him the tractor but it's not sold in retail only resellers for crazy prices, like 59-250! Since the movie is pretty current I am shocked about this. I'm new at buying toys so how long are they out before they go out of stock permanently?

DS loves the Little Ensteins cartoon and it's frustrating that all the toys are unavailable too even though it's still on TV. Do toys go away pretty quickly now?

lizzywednesday
07-10-2012, 01:39 PM

DS loves the Little Ensteins cartoon and it's frustrating that all the toys are unavailable too even though it's still on TV. Do toys go away pretty quickly now?

That cartoon show is actually several years old - my youngest niece, who will be 8 this fall, was very into it when she was 2 or 3 - so that's the reason you're not finding those toys out and about right now. (And let me tell you that it was a BEAST trying to find them when the show was first out!!!)

"Current" toys, on the other hand, come in and out of stock in waves. Sometimes it's to do with popularity other times, it's to do with manufacturing and recalls.